November 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Jeanne!


Happy birthday to my friend and fellow Hoosier, Jeanne!  Several of Jeanne's blogging buddies have come together to surprise her with a hop to celebrate her special day.  I've been fortunate to design alongside Jeanne at CASE Study and in the 12 Kits group, and she is one of the sweetest ladies I know in the blogosphere.

If you haven't visited Jeanne's blog, A Kept Life, you are in for a real treat.  Jeanne's creations are always beautifully designed with perfectly mixed patterned papers, fabulous choice of colors, and lovely, feminine details like bows, lace, and doilies.

For Jeanne's card, I tried to use some pretty, girly papers and evoke a celebratory feel.  I used Mama Elephant's Soiree to stamp banners on a powder blue panel, piecing one of the banners with paper from American Crafts.

The sentiments were heat embossed in white, and I added clear star gems and yellow baker's twine for embellishment.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Spring Rain), WPlus9 (White)
Patterned paper:  American Crafts (My Girl)
Stamps:  Mama Elephant (Soiree)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist), Versamark
Other:  The Twinery (baker's twine), Michaels (star rhinestones)

Hop along to the other stops on this birthday hop, then be sure to wish Jeanne a very happy birthday!


Christina (that's me!)
Vickie



Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Kara said...

so cute...so festive!

Alanna said...

Such a fun card. I love the banners.

Lynn said...

Great card Christina! I love how you paper pieced the banners. Adorable.

Bajalizzy said...

looks good - adding the 3-Dim banners over the stamped banners and leaving the outer 2 banners flat.

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a festive and fun birthday card! I love the paper pieced banner and the beautiful papers you chose! And that sweet twine bow is the perfect finishing touch! Adorable!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your girlie colors and sweet banners, Christina! Awesome design!! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne J said...

Oh Wow Christina I'm totally honored - a one of a kind beauty from one of my heros!!! You know I'm loving the colors and patterns and the stitches on the blue paper remind me of denim - perfect for this Indiana girl!! The touch of bling, hanging banners and embossing make this extraordinary! Thank you!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty and very festive! Love that banner and the patterned paper is so sweet. I am sure Jeanne will love this!

Marybeth said...

Another beauty Christina! Love the design and the added PP flags..... Very festive!

Cathy Weber said...

I absolutely love this idea Christina...love the banners stamped in outline and the row of patterned papers. Cute idea and gives such dimension to the card that is still flat enough to mail. I am sure Jeanne loved this!

Sharron said...

This is so festive! Love the banners and the look of confetti falling down the side--fabulous birthday card!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love all the patterns you used here! Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...