May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day--CASE Study #140


It's Mother's Day here in the U.S., so I hope all of the mothers out there have a wonderful day!  We're planning on a low-key day at home, which is just the way I like it.  We usually do a gardening project on Mother's Day weekend, but with rain in the forecast we decided to do it early last week, so now I can just sit back and enjoy it.

I used this week's CASE Study card by Maile Belles as inspiration for another Mother's Day card.  


I reached for my only dogwood stamp (from WPlus9), piecing it with papers from My Mind's Eye.  I tried to keep the neutral tones of Maile's card with just hints of pink in the flowers and pearls.

In place of the ribbon under the sentiment, I stamped a pair of thin lines from PTI's Faux Ribbon, which complement the striped paper perfectly.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse's Roses in Bloom.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Oatmeal)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Two: Blush)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon), Waltzingmouse (Roses in Bloom)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tool:  corner rounder
Other:  pearls

Have a wonderful day, moms!  I hope you all get spoiled today.  :)

Thanks for visiting!

23 comments:

Aimes said...

A beautiful take on the CASE Study! Those pearls are placed to perfection!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study; it's great to see that you're not a stranger to us! ;D
Hugs!
x

Lynn said...

Happy Mother's Day Christina! We're having a low key day too which is just perfect for me as well. I love your amazing CASE of Maile's card. The stripes are fabulous and the touch of pearls are perfection.

Alanna said...

WOW, this is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a stunning take!! Beautiful job~

Maureen said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! What a gorgeous take on Maile's card! Love the flowers and all the bits of bling :) Hope all is well with you dear friend :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card my friend and a very Happy Mother's Day to you! Your day sounds divine in my books!

C Wu said...

beautiful card. love the lines. Happy Mother's Day!

Linda said...

Lovely card. Just beautiful.

Tasnim said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Christina, such a lovey Mother's Day card, just about as sweet as could be!

Joyce said...

Christina--this is drop dead gorgeous. I love your paper pieced dogwoods, and your faux ribbon. This is a perfect Mother's Day card. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too.

Michelle said...

Amazing card, Christina! So much to love! Wow!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So elegant!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just beautiful, Christina! Really love the soft pastels with the deep, dark, black stripe. Yum! Happy Mother's Day!

Karen B. said...

Gosh what a beauty!

Jingle said...

This is super pretty!

Lindsey said...

Absolutely stunning. Each detail is perfect. This is definitely my favorite mother's day card I've seen this year. I hope your day turned out as fabulous as anticipated.

Jeanne J said...

Wow! That close up shot... sigh... lovely paper piecing that I didn't catch immediately! Stunning Christina!! I love seeing you at CASE! Welcome back girl!!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Here's another beauty. Love the stamps paper piecing. ... and especially the touch of pink pearls. Very nice.
Hope you enjoyed Mother's day too.
hugs

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, this is my FAVE!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous! The soft pink looks so pretty with the neutrals. Love the stripes and your fabulous paper pieced flowers!

byheleng said...

What a beautiful Mother's Card. So clean, simple yet gorgeous.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is amazing and so beautiful! I love the black and white stripes on the one side! It really adds alot! And those flowers are so gorgeous too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...