May 10, 2013

A very late CASE with a Waltzingmouse rose


What's up, friends?  I've been busy this week finishing up the semester and submitting grades, but I've also been doing some gardening.  Our soil is very poor and filled with rocks, so every landscaping project involves a lot of work, but it's so rewarding when it's finished.

I started this card for last week's CASE Study challenge with Maile Belles, but I didn't get to finish it in time.  Still, I wanted to share it with you.

I used the beautiful Roses in Bloom from Waltzingmouse, stamping the large flower onto cream cardstock and cutting around one edge.  Then I stamped the flower twice onto patterned paper, added shading with Prisma pencils, and cut out the layers, assembling them with foam tape.  The leaves were stamped on patterned paper, colored, and adhered directly to the cardstock.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Lost and Found Two: Blush)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Roses in Bloom)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder
Other:  Michaels (pearls), Prismacolor Premier pencils

That's all for today!  Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

20 comments:

Nancy L. said...

this is beautiful! i have this set and its one of my favorites!!!

Marisa said...

Your flower is gorgeous, Christina!! Love the script on the leaves too. Lovely Mother's Day card!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous pattern paper flower!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina better late than never. This is just so gorgeous--I love that beautiful flower. Incredible colouring.

Joyce said...

Better late than never--this cardi s drop dead gorgeous. I like how you colored right on the patterned paper.

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I love all the dimension.

Danka foto said...

Very nice card! Great idea:-)

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!!! That is all.

Michelle said...

Christina, I'm so glad you still shared this card with us! It is stunning! Wow!

Lyndal said...

LOVE your colouring on this Christina - just beautiful!

Caryn said...

Wow, so pretty and sparkly in the close up - stunning.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Karen B. said...

I adore the subtle patterns that you've used to create your flower, the design in general. Perfect. Lovely.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Really gorgeous - thanks for sharing!

Brandi said...

Stunning!

Kim Heggins said...

Christina, just beautiful and I have to agree with Joyce, it is drop dead gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

Always enjoy when you create!! Love the patterns/stamps you chose!! Wonderful!

Aimes said...

Always better late than never and I'm so glad you shared this beauty with us!
Hugs!
x

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the dimension on this card and softness of the coloring is FAB! hugs.

Lindsey said...

SO glad that you shared this card even if you didn't make the deadline you were hoping for. It soft and beautiful and lovely. :) I share your feelings about gardening. So happy for you that the weather has been nice enough to work in the yard.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

WOW!!! This. is. so. amazing. That flower is too gorgeous! I love the script leaves too! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...