March 14, 2013

CASE Study #132


Hi there!  Just popping in to share the latest CASE Study challenge with you.  We had a ton of gorgeous entries last week--you are clearly inspired by our March Muse, Julie Ebersole!  I think you're gonna love this week's beauty, too:

By Julie Ebersole

My eye was immediately drawn to the negative space, of course, but I couldn't make that work on my design.  Instead I used WPlus9's Folk Art Florals dies to make a mama bird and her two little chicks, pulling the aqua and orange colors from Julie's card but using pastel shades for my version.

In lieu of ink splatters I went with polka dots, stamping a sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Florals on the top banner and a tiny scalloped border from PTI's Faux Ribbon on the bottom panel.  The apricot-colored ribbon border is from WPlus9's Chantilly Trim, stamped with A Muse Apricot ink.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist), WPlus9 Design Studio (Oatmeal), A Muse Studio (Apricot)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (Library Ledger)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Chantilly Trim, Very Vintage Florals), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon)
Ink:  A Muse Studio (Apricot), Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Folk Art Florals dies), Papertrey Ink (banner die), corner rounder


I still haven't adjusted to Daylight Savings Time, so I'm off to bed to catch a few extra ZZZs.  I hope you have an excellent Thursday!

17 comments:

Judith said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Maureen Merritt said...

What a sweet Easter card (it's sneaking up on us isn't it!?) I love the soft colors & birds!

Lynn said...

Oh goodness...the sweet little mama bird is so precious.

Brandi said...

This is just so cute!

Lindsay said...

This is just lovely Christina! I LOVE the design!

Alanna said...

This is just too cute. Great card.

Maureen said...

Those little chicks remind me of you and your kids :) LOVE the beautiful aqua :) Sweet dreams! I'm okay at night, it's just the mornings that are difficult! But our Spring Break is just around the corner!

Marisa said...

Just love this, Christina! The birds are adorable as is the colour combo. I'm with your re: the time change. How can one little hour mess one up so badly LOL! Looking forward to sleeping in this w/e!

Marybeth said...

Love your little Easter Blessing card! The birds are so cute!

Laurie said...

OH my goodness! This is so sweet! I love the little chicks and the springy colors!

Kara said...

really pretty design and colors!! sweet:)

Carole said...

Thank you for inspiring me to create something today - my mojo had deserted me but seeing your lovely card got me happily crafting today! Thanks for sharing, C x

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is so pretty Christina! I love the colors you used and the adorable design!

Jeanne J said...

This is the kind of card that reminds me how jealous I am of your C&S style! Love the aqua and yellow color scheme and those sweet birds - doesn't need one single thing and look at all that empty space - still a mystery to me!!

Vickie Z said...

This is just too perfect!! Love the colors, those little birds, and the trim is fabulous!! Dang, I have the chantilly trim set and didn't even notice that border...so slow!!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! Love those birdies and your use of the faux ribbon set too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sooooo tweet! Love the colors too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...