March 7, 2013

CASE Study #131



Hey there, CASE Study fans!  The months just keep slipping away from us, and believe it or not, it's time for a new Muse.  And my-oh-my do we have a good one this month.

Did I say good?  That would be just a wee bit of an understatement.  Okay, a huge understatement.  Because this month we're absolutely delighted to be taking inspiration from the one-and-only Julie Ebersole of Paper Trufflez.  No kidding.

By Julie Ebersole
I don't know how one could begin to choose just a few of Julie's cards to feature this month, but Iwona has selected some true beauties, including this week's incredible design.

I was immediately drawn to the white embossing, the medallions, and the bright coloring on the kraft panel.

WPlus9's Mehndi Medallions were stamped and heat embossed in white on a kraft card base, then colored with Prisma pencils.

I originally made this a one layer design, masking an area for the sentiment, but it got lost among the medallions.  So I die cut a label and stamped a sentiment from a new Lil' Inkers set, Darling Diamonds, then popped the label up with foam dots.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Kraft, White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Mehndi Medallions), Lil' Inker Designs (Darling Diamonds)
Ink:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tool:  My Favorite Things (label die)
Other:  Prismacolor pencils, Filigree (white embossing powder)

I'd complain about the snow storm bearing down on us, but much of the U.S. has already had to deal with this particular storm, so I probably won't get much sympathy.

Let's all think spring thoughts, shall we?

Thanks so much for visiting.  See you back here soon!

13 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow--this is gorgeous. I am in love with the white on kraft--and the coloring, too.

Marisa said...

Just love the white embossed on the kraft! Such a great statement with the colouring. Great case! Hope you don't get too much snow! Stay safe :)

Lynn said...

I'm trying to think spring...not really happening with the snow on the ground!

Love your gorgeous pops of color against the kraft!

Kara said...

Love these colored in!! Great look:)

Alanna said...

This looks gorgeous. Everything just pops. I hope you survive the storm.

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!!!! I'm hoping the storm isn't what they are saying it is... I can hope, right?

Lorraine said...

love your elegant cards it must be lovely living in New England in the Spring and Autumn but perhaps not now with the storms..thanks for your lovely comment on my blog

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful work Christina! I love the pattern you created~

Tasnim said...

Gorgeous card! Absolutely admire the non-messy embossing, specially with so many images!

Sharron said...

Love the white on kraft and the great colored in patterns! Hope you are staying safe & warm!

Lindsey said...

Just beautiful. The coloring really brings out the beauty of these stamps. Wishing you sunny days soon!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow, is this ever pretty! I love how the doilies/medallions are colored in! How neat is that! :)

Annheidel said...

Love this! The coloring looks so cool on the kraft with the white embossing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...