March 22, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays #95--No Stamps


Hello friends!  So glad you stopped by--I have lots to share with you.  First up is a new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:  no stamps allowed!  Use stickers, die cuts, ribbon, papers, and more on your clean and simple design, just no stamps.


Our sponsor this week is SRM Stickers, and they provided the Girl Fridays with a huge selection of their high quality stickers to use on our projects.  Thanks, SRM!


I knew that I wanted to use the colorful banners and one of the circle labels inside a negative die cut, and from there the design came together easily.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stickers:  SRM (We've Got Your Border-Bright, Labels By the Dozen-Bright Blank)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 4 die), EK Success (circle punch)
Other:  sequins

Ironically, today is more of a bittersweet day for me, as this will be my last post as a Girl Friday for CAS-ual Fridays.  You may have also seen that I stepped down from the CASE Study design team this week.  I have been incredibly fortunate to work with some amazing designers on each of these teams, and I will continue to check in to see their inspiring creations every week!

This decision has been a long time coming, but I finally realized that it was time to take a break from design team responsibilities for a while.  I've taken on a number of new challenges at work recently, as well as an increasingly hectic schedule with my growing kiddos, and I'm no longer able to devote the time and energy to these teams that they deserve.

The good news is that I'm feeling very upbeat about the future of my blog and excited to spend what crafting time I do have making things just for fun.  No deadlines, no design constraints, just me and my stamps going wherever inspiration leads.  

I've spent 2 1/2 of my 3 years blogging serving on one or more design teams, which has been wonderful for pushing me outside my comfort zone and helping me to find my own style.  But I'm definitely ready to give myself more freedom when I create, and hopefully I'll be able to continue to inspire you, my dear readers, to do what makes you happy, too.

Thanks for sticking with me, friends!

19 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Outstanding, Christina! Your use of SRM stickers here is awesome! Love the composition! I hope you can free up more time to create and spend more time with family! All the best to you! HUGS!

Jingle said...

This is super cuteness!

Alanna said...

Your card is darling. And good luck with juggling life and your blog.

Sara Mac said...

What a fun card Christina! Those stickers look wonderful. I'll be sad to see you leaving those teams, but I understand. Enjoy your free crafty time!

Maureen said...

what a cheerful card and the sentiment seems a great way to celebrate the next phase of your creative process. Love the banner and now I must ask...how are you attaching your sequins? I have some and was told that mini glue dots is would be the best. What do you think?

Chaitali Narla said...

NO STAMPS you say??!!! Thats a tough one :O Great job on the card!! Inspired me to play along :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful!! I took a break from dt work and it was much needed.

Sylvia Blum said...

Christina, I loooove your card, like I love all of your work! You are an incredibly talented paper artist and I constantly feel inspired by you and your work!
While I totally understand your decision, you will be missed soooo much *sob sob*
Good luck with your life's journey! And I hope you will continue to inspire us with your beautiful work here on your blog!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Lindsey said...

I have to admit that I am sad to see you go. It is your work that drew me to these two challenges in the first place, but I'm so glad that you are sticking around with your blog (at least for the time being). I'm always excited when I get an email with a new post from you. I'll continue to look forward to them! Best of luck with all your endeavors. I especially admire your commitment to your family.

Joyce said...

Super card--with those stickers, who needs stamps, right? I wish you good luck and great fun in your next blogging and stamping chapter. I certainly hope that blogging will be part of that fun, since I get to see all the fun things you are up to. Enjoy those kiddos while they are young....

xiumaiyuki said...

It's a very happy card, indeed! No stamps.... no problems here! I'm sorry to see you go... I always look forward to see your cards with CAS-ual Fridays. But I completely understand your reason. (((hugs))) to you, friend.

Marybeth said...

Christina you will always inspire!
What a fun card ..and without stamps! This looks like fun to me. Life can get pretty busy with a young family , enjoy!

Suzanne said...

HUGS! You are going to be missed on these teams, but you know I will be visiting when you post! I am always excited to see what you make - you're one of my faves!

Sharron said...

Your sentiment goes perfectly with your fabulously bright & happy card! I was so happy to hear that you don't have any plans to discontinue your blog. Love the dose of inspiration I always get whenever I visit!! I'm glad you can now enjoy as much time as possible with your kids. They grow up all too fast!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used the stickers!! Those banners are wonderful!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

...I'm gonna miss you at both DTs Christina! What a lovely card! I am looking forward to see what you'll be posting in the future! :)

Cassandra said...

I am really looking forward to more Christina McLaren originals, not constrained by design teams, I have really missed that. I completely understand that your children's schedules have taken over - it happens to all of us, but something you are happy to take on.

When you get to making a card, please share as your style is classic and elegant. All the best

Jeanne J said...

No stamps? That's like having your hands tied behind your back. I had to look really close to see how you did this - everything looks amazing - like it was stamped - only it wasn't!! Crazy!!

Brandi said...

This is so cute! Love the banner and pop of sequins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...