February 28, 2013

CASE Study #130


Hey there, crafty friends!  It's crazy busy around here, but I have just enough time before my head hits the pillow to share the latest CASE Study challenge.  This is our final week with February Muse, Teri Anderson, so help us to give her a wonderful send-off to say thanks for the inspiration!

By Teri Anderson

One thing I admire about Teri's designs is that effortless "randomness" on cards like this.  I have a hard time with collage-style designs, but I love seeing them done well by others!

I took some of the elements from Teri's card (the phone, the chevron washi, stars, and letter stickers) and combined them in a mix of bright colors on kraft.

I don't like my version nearly as much as Teri's, but it was fun to let go of my usual constraints and just make something fun.  :)

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft), Stampin' Up! (Poppy Parade)
Patterned paper:  Jillibean Soup
Stamps:  The Craft's Meow (For My Dad), WPlus9 Design Studio (Heartfelt Mix), Papertrey Ink (Polka Dot Basics), number border
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Spiral Notebook die, star die)
Accessories:  May Arts (ribbon), letter stickers, washi tape

Time to catch some ZZZZs.  Thanks for stopping by, friends!  See you back here soon!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the row of numbers and the fun mix of accents in the bright colours. GREAT case!! Hope the teaching is settling down a bit now too ((hugs))

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your version, Christina! I completely agree, the layered collage look is so hard, but you did it so well here! I like your "hey" at the top.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how you mixed it all together!

Lynn said...

You rocked the collage Christina! I love all the bright, cheery colors!

Mandy LaCroix said...

It looks great! :) We are our own worst critics - don't be hard on yourself! Adorable card!

Smiles from TN!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina I love your take on the CSAE card, so cheery and happy!

Shelley Germann said...

Super card! Lots of fun details. You rocked the CASE!

Lea L. said...

LOVE this! LOVE the phone!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your card so much! I admire how you've mastered the collage style but still have a CAS card! I too envy people who can manage to collage their elements and I love your description of "effortless randomness" - that's what I need an want - that free spirit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...