February 21, 2013

CASE Study #129


Hello there!  I'm happy to be back with a card to share.  This week's CASE Study challenge features a fun and colorful design by February Muse, Teri Anderson:

By Teri Anderson

I couldn't resist the angled stripes, colors, and "sweet spot" placement of the sentiment on Teri's card.  For my version, I used an image and sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps' set, Beanstalks.  I added buttons in place of the trio of flowers on Teri's card and stitched the edges of the main panel.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Beanstalks)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pool Party, Calypso Coral, So Saffron), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Accessories:  buttons, thread

Come and play along with us this week at CASE Study!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great Thursday.

15 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors!!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous colors and I love the way you added the buttons. Perfect design!

June K said...

I love how you stamped the leaves at an angle. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina this card is sooooooo cool. LOVE the white space. I just LOVE your designs... you make the simipliest stamp look absolutely AMAZING! Love it. hugs.

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous and I love the stitching.

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the pops of black!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty! I love the pops of black and the stitching!

Kara said...

very pretty!! love the diagonal movement!

Tasnim said...

What a pretty card Christina! Love the stamping and the black buttons!

Sharron said...

Love your interpretation! Those gorgeous colors against the light background and the movement created with that image looks fantastic!

Aimes said...

Fabulous take on Teri's card! Love those buttons that create the visual triangle!
Hugs!
x

Shelley Germann said...

What a super "take" on Teri's card. Believe it or not, I didn't latch on to the buttons right away. Then I noticed and thought, "Imagine the card without those buttons....no way!"

Jeanne J said...

Hi Christina! Great take on the inspiration - I love the stripes of color and the pretty vine stamp you used - caught my eye immediately when I saw it - really striking!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Christine. I love the colors and that stamped image, so fun.

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card! LOVE those colorful beanstalks!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...