February 14, 2013

CASE Study #128


Hello!  I'm just popping in to share the latest challenge from CASE Study!  Teri Anderson is our super fantastic Muse this month.  Here is the fun creation she's offered up as inspiration this week:

By Teri Anderson
I was instantly drawn to the turquoise and yellow combo.  Alas, every time I reach for turquoise ink I realize I don't have any.  Must remedy that soon!

In addition to the colors, I was inspired by the repeated circles and the grid paper in the background.  I pulled out CAS-ual Fridays Stamps' Big Thanks, stamped the circle border twice at the bottom of the card, then stamped it again on patterned paper.  I paper pieced the yellow circles, which may seem a little crazy, but I find it oddly relaxing.  *smile*

After stamping the sentiment, I added the dotted circle image from the set in a visual triangle to give some color and movement to the top of the card.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  stash
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Think Big)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight)
Tool:  corner rounder

Please join us this week at CASE Study!

Sorry to keep this brief, but it has been one stressful week, and my bed is calling my name.  I'll be back soon to share the Valentines my daughter and I made for her class.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Hope the weekend hurries up and gets hear for you Christina! Your card is incredible. I love all those paper pieced circles!

Jingle said...

I love how you did the circles with patterned paper! Such a fun card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun card! I love the patterned paper with the circles!!

Kara said...

this is awesome Christina!!

Tasnim said...

Love the grid background, and your stamping is perfect!

Sharron said...

Fabulous layout and I love the grid pattern as a base! I agree about the paper piecing. I find it relaxing too and I never mind cutting out the small pieces.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is wonderful Christina! I love the colors and the way you did the circles around the sentiment! Very pretty! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...