February 7, 2013

CASE Study #127


Happy Thursday, stamping friends!  What a treat we have in store for you this month at CASE Study.  Paper Crafts Go-to Gal Teri Anderson is sharing her incredible designs with us all month long!  How awesome is that?

For her first week as Muse, Teri has offered up this fun and graphic beauty:

By Teri Anderson

There are so many details to be inspired by on Teri's card, but I was most drawn to the repetition of the word "love" and the typographic element (the &).

While flipping through my stamps, I came across this large letter "u" in My Favorite Things' Lovey Dovey Sentiments and thought it would make a great focal point.  I stamped it in red, then added the element of repetition by stamping it to the sides in pink.

I chose the small phrase "4ever" from WPlus9's Love You More and stamped it in black, overlapping the red "u" to link the sentiments together.

As a nod to the strips of washi framing Teri's card, I stamped airmail stripes above and below the main panel, which is popped up with foam tape.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pretty in Pink), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Stamps:  My Favorite Things (Lovey Dovey Sentiments), Papertrey Ink (Postmarks), WPlus9 Design Studio (Love You More)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Pretty in Pink), Memento (Tuxedo Black)

The rest of the Design Team has some amazing ideas to share with you this week, so be sure to pay them a visit for more inspiration.

I hope to see your card in the gallery this week!  Thanks for visiting today!

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

Another awesome card. Your perfect placement of elements always amazes me.

Brandi said...

Just WOW! This is so rich in color! Love it!

Kim S said...

Perfectly done! I love the bold U's and the little bit of stripe to frame it all!

Lindsay said...

LOVE this Christina! So perfectly executed my friend!

Jeanne J said...

Great graphic bold design here Christina! You rocked this! I love the pink and bold red!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina this is beautiful!

Jingle said...

This is so cute!

Lea L. said...

This is fab!! LOVE the stamped strip...it is awesome!!

Diane Jaquay said...

GREAT card!!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card Christina!

Amy Kolling said...

LOVE this soo much!

Marybeth said...

Love the repetition of the U’s , Adorable !

Lisa H. said...

soooo sweet! love the pinks and reds.

Sharron said...

Your graphic designs are always AMAZING! And I love your fabulous use of the colors on this one!

Kelly Griglione said...

Such a fantastic card ... with the pink and red, and the repeated elements, and especially those airmail stripes. I think those may be the next hot thing, they're a perfect accent.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love those bold letters Christina.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...