January 31, 2013

CASE Study #126


Happy, happy Thursday, friends!  Why am I so happy it's Thursday?  Well, it means I survived teaching my very first class yesterday (hooray for me!), and it means I'm home from work to go to my little guy's parent-teacher conference.  I might even work in some stamping time.  :)  What's making you happy today?

How's this for another reason to celebrate Thursday:  it's CASE Study time!  Lucky for us, we have one more week of inspiration from our January Muse, Amber of Damask Love.  This week's offering is a chic and sophisticated set of notecards:

By Amber Kemp-Gerstel

Seeing that pretty quatrefoil pattern reminded me of the Lush paper from My Mind's Eye that I've been hoarding for so very long, and it gave me a chance to make good on my promise to use more patterned paper.

Notice the distressing around the edges?  Yep, I pulled out some tea dye and sponged away.  I think it adds character.  To the card, anyway.  :)

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Lush Pink)
Stamps:  My Favorite Things (Lovey Dovey Sentiments)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (Chai tea dye)

Spread some love to the rest of the CASE Study crew, then try your hand at this week's challenge!  And don't forget to thank Amber for inspiring us throughout the month of January.

LOTS of good things to come in the next several days, so stay tuned, my friends.  You won't want to miss any of it!  *wink*

Have a happy Thursday!

9 comments:

Tasnim said...

What a lovely card! I love that you applied ink to the edges, it definitely adds character!

Dana Caffrey said...

Lovely paper craft!!! It's very simple but cute. Now, I have an idea of my future paper card. Thanks for sharing this.

SeaGlass.us

Lindsay said...

Simply fabulous Christina! I adore this!

Jeanne J said...

So beautiful Christina! I love the distressing and that gorgeous sentiment!

xiumaiyuki said...

Simple yet so gorgeous!

Kara said...

really pretty!!

laughadaisy said...

I love this. The DP is lovely, and that sentiment is awesome. I'd better get out my Lovey Dovey set and try it out! It looks fantastic. Very, very pretty. ;-) (Glad your first class went well!)

Karen B. said...

This is truly beautiful!!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is beautiful and such a great CASE, love the sweet colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...