January 24, 2013

CASE Study #125


Happy Thursday, CASE Study fans!  Aren't you loving the inspiration from our January Muse, Amber of Damask Love?  I know I am.  :)  This week's challenge is to CASE this kraft beauty:

By Amber Kemp-Gerstel
It just so happens that I have this U.S. stamp from A Muse Studio that hasn't seen enough ink, so I heat embossed it in white on a kraft panel.  After sprinkling the stamped image with embossing powder and tapping off the excess, I pressed an un-inked heart stamp into the powder to remove it.  I used a small paintbrush to remove the stray powder, then heat embossed the entire image and colored the heart with a Copic marker.

The tweed texture on the background is a nod to the corrugated texture on Amber's card, and I added pops of red with the heart, sentiment, and air mail strips framing the image.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
Stamps:  A Muse Studio (Wish You Were Here), Papertrey Ink (Postmarks)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red), Versamark, Copic marker
Tools:  Lifestyle Crafts (embossing folder)
Other:  Filigree (embossing powder)

I hope you'll join us this week at CASE Study!

Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Veronica Z said...

Oh I love this card so much! Your heart window technique is awesome and something I will have to try myself!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love the texture...and the color combo...swoon!

Chris said...

Love the color combo and the pop of that red heart. Now I have to pull out my un-used set as well! :)

Jingle said...

This.Is.AWESOME! I seriously love everything about this card! WOW!

xiumaiyuki said...

I love yours and Amber's.... You guys make Kraft look soooo good!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina this is so fantastic! You blew me away with your heart technique and it looks so amazing!

Tasnim said...

Love this card so much!! Awesome design, and I love how your embossed background matches the air mail strip!

Ginny said...

Such a fabulous card!! :-))

Marisa said...

What a wonderful case. Loving the EF you used in the BG and red detailing you used.

Kelly Griglione said...

So love your airmail strips as borders! Just enough to separate, but not over do it. And your addition of texture to the top. A really great design!

Sharron said...

LOVE this--the red & white with kraft looks fabulous and I adore your little heart! Great technique!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG Love this! How can such a simiple image make such a HUGE statement! Love it. hugs.

Virginia L. said...

Love your interpretation! Just perfect in every way!

Lea L. said...

I adore this!!

Christiana said...

LOVE this so much!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...