December 27, 2012

CASE Study #122



Hi there!  I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas had a wonderful holiday.  I know I did!  *smile* 

At CASE Study we have a new 2 week challenge with our December Muse, Windy Robinson.  What a treat to have her join us this month!


By Windy
Isn't Windy's card just gorgeous?  My take on it started with the gray card base and the white label with the notched corners.  I decided to make a Valentine that could be used for a male recipient, hence the woodgrain, knotted ribbon, and lack of gems.

Stamps are from WPlus9's Love You More and Heartfelt Mix, plus a background from Woodgrain Silhouettes.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Soft Stone), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Love You More, Heartfelt Mix, Woodgrain Silhouettes)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  circle punch, piercing tool
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon)

Here's a better look at the card base, with the woodgrain stamped in white onto Papertrey's Soft Stone cardstock:  *swoon*



I've missed catching up with all of you out in blog-land!  We're headed to Indiana to visit family for a week (as soon as the snowstorm passes!), so I'm hoping to spend some time visiting all of my favorite blogs in the next week or so.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll play along with us in the current challenge at CASE Study!

15 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

That wood grain background is absolutely DIVINE!!! And I LOVE your color choices for this Valentine---so perfect!!!

Marisa said...

This is great!! Drive safe and enjoy your time with family :)

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous white woodgrain on soft stone!

Lynn said...

Swoon is right...the background is incredible...and I love the sentiment. Perfect design in every way Christina.

Aimes said...

Oh that woodgrain *swoon*! I love how as cardmakers we're already looking forwards to the next occasion after Christmas! ;D
Hope you had a Happy Holidays! :)
Hugs!
x

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Christina, I love how you used hearts instead of flowers!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!!

Maureen said...

So glad you had a lovely Christmas :) I LOVE the sentiment on this card and the grey card base :) Safe travels dear friend :)

Jean Martin said...

I love that woodgrain too! And I don't have it!!! OMGoodness! I have to fix that shortly! lol! I love your card Christina! Enjoy your trip to Indiana! :) Safe travels!

Romaine said...

LOVE the graphic look to this!

Christiana said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Christina! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Tasnim said...

So crisp and clean! Gorgeous card!

Kara said...

pretty christina!!

Bethany S. said...

VERY beautiful! Love it Christina!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is great.... love the masculine touch to a Valentine's Day card. Wondering if you think my latest card works for the challenge, it's not very blingy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...