December 13, 2012

CASE Study #121


Hi there, friends.  I have a new CASE Study card to share with you tonight!  Our Muse this month is the fabulously talented Windy Robinson.  She does amazing things with ribbon and bling, which is probably what inspired the name of her blog.  *wink*  Here's a perfect example:

By Windy Robinson
Wouldn't you just love to receive this beauty in the mail for Christmas?

My eye was drawn to the red and white patterned paper and polka dots, the ribbon border, and the swirl of gems, which became a faux-chipboard branch on my version.

I added texture to the white card base with an impression plate and stamped a sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings.  I die cut the branch twice and stacked the cuts for a little added thickness.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye ('Tis the Season)
Stamp:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red)
Tools:  Poppystamps (Lorelai Outline Leaf die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  seam binding, pearls

Keeping this short as I don't think I can keep my eyes open for much longer.  I've been sick for several days, which is not helping me to make progress on my holiday to-do list.  *sigh*

Hoping you're healthy and happy on this Thursday!  See you back here soon.

16 comments:

Lynn said...

The leaf die is amazing Christina...love how the leaves aren't completely cut out and the cherry cobbler with white...my all time favorite!

Nancy said...

Christina, this card is stunning! I love the colors, the leaf branch, the paper, sentiment & font AND the seam binding is gorgeous! Fabulous job, hope you're feeling better soon I can imagine you've got tons to do.

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina what a beautiful card, that leaf die is fabulous. Beautifully CAS.

Marisa said...

Love that leaf die and the red polka dotted paper is fabulous :) Great case!!

xiumaiyuki said...

Elegant and stunning at its best! I love how you did the leaves. Hope you feel better soon!

Laurie said...

Christina this is gorgeous! I love that leaf die! The polka dots and that bow? wow! Love it girl!

Wida said...

Oh my that is a perfect bow!

Andrea M said...

Christina, this is AMAZING! WOWZAS!

Jean Martin said...

Great idea! I never think to put back or not remove some parts of my die cuts. Why have I never done that?! This is brilliant! :)

Joyce said...

So sorry you are sick. Clearly, it is not impacting your crafting abilities. I love how you have simplified the original and created this CAS beauty.

Vickie Z said...

Love the red/white combo and the seam binding is wonderful! Those pearls are fabulous with the leaves!

Karen B. said...

A beautiful design, the ribbon is gorgeous.

Tasnim said...

This card is SO Beautiful! I love everything about it; from the pattern paper to the the perfectly tied bow and the scattered pearls! just beautiful!

Marybeth said...

So sorry you are not well. You still managed to make a gorgeous card.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Wowzer this is FABULOUS. LOVE the entire thing... the white on white is FAB and love your CAS version more. hugs.

Kelly Griglione said...

Catching up on some blog posts ... I so love this card! The middles you left in are so fun! And the red and white is just smashing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...