December 6, 2012

CASE Study #120


Oh my, what happened to November?  I can hardly believe we're almost at the end of 2012.  Life just never slows down, does it?

One good thing about the start of a new month is the introduction of a new Muse at CASE Study!  And what a wonderful treat you're in for this month.  Please welcome the one-and-only Windy Robinson as our December Muse!

By Windy Robinson
Windy's debut card is so striking and pretty, and I was immediately drawn to the contrast of the colorful patterned paper with the crisp white, debossed panel.

I've been smitten with the Polaroid frame die cutes that are so popular now, so I made my own with a Spellbinders square die.  I recently picked up a 6x6 pad of My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas papers and decided to use the plaid as a backdrop for the Polaroid frame and holiday Bingo card.

In place of Windy's flowers, I used snowflake dies from WPlus9 and Spellbinders, and I added a sentiment from Paper Smooches.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Vintage Christmas, Merry)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Swanky Snowdudes)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Cherry Cobbler)
Tools:  Spellbinders (square, snowflake dies), WPlus9 Design Studio (large snowflake die)
Accessories:  button, DMC floss

I had to play hooky from work just to find time to make my card this week!  My kids have gotten so involved in activities this year that free time is hard to come by.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything!  My parents were always on the run, taking my brothers and I from one activity to the next, so I guess it's my turn.  :)

Please stop by the CASE Study blog to see the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team, then see where your creativity takes you!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a fantastic day!

11 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I love this idea!

Lindsay said...

Such a fantastic card Christina! LOVE the colors and that layered snowflake!

Lynn said...

I spy new Lil Inkers goodies. This card is awesome! And I hear you on trading work for crafting and your kids keeping busy! Hope you and your hubby are getting some time out for the holidays too!

Joyce said...

I love your take on the challenge card. I can't believe you made that polaroid frame. I went and bought a die, silly me! Your snowflakes are such a sweet touch.

Jeanne J said...

SO many fun elements here - the frame, the bingo card and that sweet snowflake!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OH this is so cute!love it. hugs

Wida said...

Mixing the best from different companies always lends to a beautiful result. love the plaid paper! I need to get on the polaroid wagon too!

Marybeth said...

Love your home made Polaroid die! Fun card Christina. Yes the time is going by way to fast! Bingo and snowflakes love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great job making your own Polaroid frame. I had such fun with your card, every element was carefully examined. So festive.

The Paper Parade said...

Playing hookie to make a card?? That's a way to take a day off! I feel the same way lately, too, though, I'm so involved I can't even find time to do my favorite hobby :( I love how this turned out, Christina!

cardsandbookmarks said...

pretty card! Love the plaid background :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...