November 8, 2012

CASE Study #116


Hi there, friends!  Can anyone tell me where this week has gone?  It has just flown by!  I could definitely use an extra day in my week to get everything done.  How about you?

One good thing about being at the end of another week is a new CASE Study challenge!  This week we have a special treat, as we're being sponsored by a new stamp company, Clearly Besotted Stamps.  Rumor has it they're offering up 2 of their stamp sets as a prize, so be sure to stop by the CASE Study blog for details!


Here is our inspiration for the week from our November Muse, Angeline Yong Jeet Leen:

By Angeline
Aren't those circle flowers just darling?  I decided to focus on circles for my design, punching different sizes from patterned paper I still had on my desk from the latest 12 Kits of Christmas.

To make the circles a bit more sturdy, I punched cardstock circles to adhere to the backs, then arranged them on a snowflake embossed panel.  I stamped a sentiment on a white banner wrapped with silver string and added a couple of silver pearls as a finishing touch.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Merry)
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink (Signature Christmas)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red)
Tools:  Sizzix (embossing folder), circle punches
Accessories:  silver string, pearls

As always, I recommend checking out the samples from the rest of the CASE Study Design Team for more inspiration!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you ran with the circle theme. Great use of DPs and a wonderful case :)

Lea L. said...

This is pretty! I love the circles!!

M-J said...

I love this! The paper and bright colours are so cheery.

Lynn said...

Love the crisp colors against the white embossed background. Awesome.

dj said...

sweetness...love all your designer paper punched out circles!!

www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

Marybeth said...

This turned out really cute Christina! Love your take on the sketch…. nice way to use up some of the papers .

Beate said...

I LOVE Your take on Angeline's card. Now I want to case YOUR card.
Hugs and smiles

Jill Norwood said...

This is just stunning! I love it!
Great design and love the papers!

laughadaisy said...

Love this one, too. The circles in a variety of holiday papers are just delightful, especially against the embossed background. Fantastic. ;-)

JJ Bolton said...

Unbelievably cute! Love the way you embossed the background:) I'll be so sorry when Christmas card season is over!

Dr. Ivy said...

I love the circles and the embossing. Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...