November 1, 2012

CASE Study #115


Hi there!  You've picked a great day to stop by.  It's a new month (seriously?), which means a new Muse at CASE Study!  Let's give a warm welcome to the sweet and talented Angeline Yong Jeet Leen of The Creation of Creativity.

Angeline has such a gorgeous, clean style.  Just check out this week's inspiration:

By Angeline
I was clearly drawn to the cool hues and crisp white silhouettes on Angeline's card.  Using PTI's Faux Ribbon, I stamped navy, aqua, and chartreuse stripes on the bottom half of a white card base.  I die cut a branch twice from white cardstock and stacked the die cuts to make a faux chipboard embellishment.

The sentiment is from PTI's Through the Trees, and I framed it with a few green pearls to draw the eye.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon, Through the Trees)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade)
Tool:  Poppystamps (Lorelai Outline Leaf die)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (pearls)

Loving how this one turned out.  :)  Thanks to Angeline for the inspiration!

I hope you'll play along with us this week.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the Design Team samples, too.

Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. I am more than loving how this turned out. It is absolutely incredible! Beyond gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS my friend, totally gorgeous! I just love that white branch!

Jeanne J said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration Christina! I love the stripes, and the clean die and sentiment!

Beate said...

GORGEOUS card!

gardener said...

The original is great, but your take on it is superb. Love your style and colors.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the stamped stripes, and the beautiful diecut branch!!

Cristina said...

Oh yes yes yes yes yes!!! I LOVE this!

Laurie said...

Christina, this is amazing! I love that you left the inside of the leaves in! SOO pretty!!

Jill Norwood said...

Stunning! Just gorgeous my dear!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors and die cut leaves! Fabulous! Love all your paper smooches too!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous crispness Christina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...