October 25, 2012

CASE Study #114


Welcome back, CASE Study fans!  Ready for another inspiring card from our Muse, Julia Stainton?

By Julia Stainton
I just love the vibrant green felt and oodles of texture on this card.  I used a bold flower stamp from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps new set, Truth Is, stamping it several times onto Rustic Cream cardstock.  I paper pieced the petals with Pear Pizzazz designer paper.

To add some texture and a natural element to my card, I layered a strip of burlap ribbon under a kraft banner.  I also wanted to include some pops of turquoise, as that is one feature of Julia's card that really stood out to me.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz), Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Rustic Cream)
Patterned paper:  Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz designer paper)
Stamps:  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (Truth Is, Woot Woot)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Copic marker
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (banner die), corner rounder
Accessories:  burlap ribbon, button, rhinestones, DMC floss

On a side note, I know I've mentioned this before but does anyone have advice on linking images from Photobucket to Blogger?  These particular photos look wonderfully vibrant in my Photobucket album, but once I link them to my blog post they are less bright and sort of washed out.  I must have spent an hour trying to fix these, but finally gave up out of frustration!

Thanks for stopping by, friends!  Have a great day!

16 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Well done on the paper piercing, love the added burlap ribbon.

M-J said...

Love the stamp and the colour combo!

Gayatri said...

I spy with my little eye CAS-ual Fridays Stamps:) lol! Beautiful take on the card. Love the paper piecing. Did it take long to cut them out?

Lynn said...

Christina, the burlap ribbon is incredible...love the extra texture it adds. and your paper piecing! Wow! Love it!

Sorry...I don't have help on photobucket, but your photos look great to me! I'm always fighting with mine!

Laurie said...

OH my goodness! Christina this is gorgeous! I love those paper pieced flowers! Wow!!

JJ Bolton said...

How cool is that? The paper piecing and the burlap ribbon really give your card lovely texture. Love your sprinkling of gems too! I'm still trying to learn how to artfully arrange those things!

Hope you're having a great week! Did you get your free ME set yet? Take care!

Marybeth said...

Love the paper piecing, Christina . I think the photo looks great but I know what you mean , sorry no help. The burlap ribbon is wonderful.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Wow this is fabulous! I LOVE your paper piecing....OMG it's amazing!
Love the touch of burlap..so clever, and great flower stamp too. hugs.

Vickie Z said...

Love the stamp and fabulous paper piecing! burlap and touch os turquoise is perfect!

Virginia L. said...

Wow~~ Love love your stamping with this fab CAS-ual Fridays Stamps! Gorgeous, Christina!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE those flowers, and the burlap behind the sentiment, awesome card!!

Karen B. said...

I have the same issue however I save my photos on my computer after editing them with photoshop. It's got to be a blogger issue.

I think your card is stunning, what a cool use of the new CAS-ual Friday Stamps!

Jen W. said...

Loving those flowers and the burlap ribbon is awesome! I thought it was a piece of twine you'd wrapped around a number of times. It looks so cool!

Sharron said...

Love the burlap and the natural look! The flowers look fabulous in green and your paper piecing is wonderful!

Lea L. said...

This is beautful! I love the neutral colors, and the small scattering of jewels!

Dr. Ivy said...

So gorgeous. I love the paper piecing. It is so graphic and beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...