October 18, 2012

CASE Study #113


Hi there!  I know I promised you craft room photos, but we had visitors staying with us and time got away from me.  :)  I'll post them soon.

Today I'm sharing a card for a new challenge at CASE Study, featuring this delightful card by Julia Stainton:

By Julia Stainton

I saw the white circle and immediately reached for my circle dies to create a "window" on my card front.  I used PTI's Through the Trees and a sentiment from Pretty Peonies.  The cloud die cut needed a little something, so glittered the edges.

The blue cardstock is one of WPlus9's new colors called Lake House.  I love this serene shade of blue and think it pairs beautifully with chocolate brown.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Lake House, White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Through the Trees, Pretty Peonies)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Real Red)
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die), Papertrey Ink (cloud die, Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Other:  Jo-Ann (glitter)

Need more inspiration?  Stop by the CASE Study blog to see what the rest of the Designers have created this week, then show us your take on the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by, friends!

21 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving your "window" and case. Fabulous card and great touch with the glitter around the cloud edge :)

Maureen Merritt said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and pop of red!

Lindsay said...

Sooo pretty, love this card Christina!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Christina, I love the glittery cloud just sliding over the edge of your cut out!

Joyce said...

Very pretty. Love you choice of colors and stamps for this case.

Laurie said...

Hello gorgeous card! This is absolutely stunning Christina! That little red bird is the perfect pop of color!

Lynn said...

Absolutely fabulous layout Christina! That PTI set is one of my all time favorites!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your take is sooo beautiful! LOVE your card!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful Christina! Love the trees and the glittery clouds, sooo pretty!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the peekaboo circle, with the trees & red cardinal coming through!!

Aimes said...

Ah-mazing take on the CASE Study! That pop of red is so sweet and don't even get me started on that sparkly cloud!
Hugs!
x

Michelle said...

Christina, this card is stunning! I love the colours and the layout, and I love the sparkly cloud. Beautiful!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina I LOVE this beauty. I just know it's going to be CASED by many many people! Gorgeous. hugs

Pauline said...

I love your beautiful serene scene! A great CASE card!

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous Christina! I love that you made the circle element into a window with a beautiful scene!

Beate said...

Very striking! LOVE your card.
Hugs and smiles

Wida said...

really fantastic card. I love the color combo

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous! Love the crisp feel of the brown and what a great idea for the glitter.

lostinpaper said...

Such a gorgeous design! Love these colours together and the glittery cloud is perfect! (I'm pinning it)

Kelly Griglione said...

ooooh, that red bird with the aqua card is just smashing! Love it!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is beautiful, Christina...I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...