October 11, 2012

CASE Study #112


Hello, friends!  We're almost to the weekend.  :)

It's time for another CASE Study challenge with our Muse, Julia Stainton.  Check out this beauty:

By Julia Stainton
I decided to use of some of the beautiful paper scraps I have leftover from a previous month's 12 Kits of Christmas.  I layered strips at the bottom of the card like Julia did in her design.  Instead of a large flower, I die cut a snowflake and doily and layered them with a button center and some twine.  I split the sentiment onto two double ended banners and tucked them under the doily.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Riding Hood Red), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Patterned papers:  Stampin' Up! (Holly Berry Bouquet), A Muse Studio (Twas the Night Before Christmas)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Wreath for all Seasons)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (doily die, banner dies), Spellbinders (snowflake die)
Accessories:  button, baker's twine, thread

Be sure to stop by to see the rest of the creations by the Design Team, then see where the inspiration takes you!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you back here soon!

18 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the banners and the wonderful doily behind the snowflake. Great case :)

Lynn said...

Christina, this is so pretty! I love how you used all the gorgeous papers!

Lindsay said...

Goooorgeous my friend! LOVE this card!

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!!
I love those strips of patterned paper...
stashing that idea away for future stealing! *giggle*
The doily...
the snowflake...
love it all! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina, this is gorgeous. I love all the patterned papers you chose and the doily die and snowflake are awesome!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Christina! I love the button centered snowflake, and the paper you chose for the banners is perfect!!

Marybeth said...

Sooo pretty! Love the way the papers kinda flow on the card. Great way to use up some of those extra we have. Gorgeous snowflake and doily!

Jeanne J said...

Christina this is stunning! Love the colors and that snowflake embellishment you made is just stunning! Your card has so many fussy elements - the layers, stitching, die cuts) but it looks clean and organized! GORGEOUS!

Jean Martin said...

Love those banner Christina!And that you used coordinating patterned papers! They look so perfect! Now I wish I had tried it. :)

The Paper Parade said...

I love how you made your take a Christmas card! Those patterned papers in the banners are great, and love how you put the snowflake on top of the doily!

laughadaisy said...

I love this card. ;-) So many perfect, delightful elements. Fantastic. ;-)

Aimes said...

A fab, seasonal take on the CASE Study! Love the snowflake focal point!
Hugs!
x

Vickie Z said...

Love this!! Wonderful CASE...love the tags and snowflake!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome! Great use of patterned paper, and the snowflake is gorgeous!!!

Virginia L. said...

I love Julie's card....and I absolutely ADORE yours!! VERY VERY inspiring!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely holiday card Christina. That snowflake looks beautiful. Love the pretty papers!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

This is gorgeous. Love the mix of colors and patterns... the banners are perfect way to mix it up! It's so simple yet SOOOOO EYE catching and I have to say... I want to CASE it! Hugs.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love all the text in this card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...