October 4, 2012

CASE Study #111


Hello, friends.  I hope your week is going well!

Another month has come and gone (yikes!), which means a new Muse is ready to take the stage at CASE Study.  Hold on to your hats, folks, because this month we have the one and only Julia Stainton of Belle Papier!  Julia's creations are always gorgeous, so be sure to stop by her blog for an extra large dose of inspiration.  :)

Here is the card we're working with this week:

By Julia Stainton
The first thing that drew my eye on Julia's card was the circular shape of the clock and the way the image is repeated behind the sentiment.  I also kept the square card shape and sentiment banner in my version.

When looking through my stamps for a circular image, I came across this captain's wheel from PTI's Out to Sea.  I stamped it onto a Baja Breeze panel with Chocolate Chip ink.  The smaller wheel and one of the sentiments (which I cut apart) are stamped onto a notched strip of white cardstock that is popped up with foam tape.

To add to the nautical feel, I stamped the "rope" border from PTI's Men of Life under the banner.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Out to Sea, Men of Life)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze)
Tool:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)

Won't you join us in giving Julia Stainton a wonderful CASE Study "hello"?  I can't wait to see how you're inspired by her card.  :)

Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous design...love the chocolate and blue color combo...and the linen impression plate...swoon...you know I love that touch of texture!

Marlena M. said...

I love the colors and images~such a great sentiment too!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this card, Christina! So clean and graphic and striking!!

Aimes said...

Awesome take on the CASE! Love how you kept the square card - I tried so hard to do that on my card but habit got the better of me! LOL!
Hugs!
x

Jeanne J said...

So pretty Christina! I love the blue and brown like surf and sand! Great take on the challenge and I am so jealous of your C&S style!

The Paper Parade said...

What a great sentiment! I love the colors and the blue panel on top of the blue base. Beautiful :)

Karen B. said...

So serene and beautiful, powerful as well.

Marybeth said...

Love your take on the inspiration photo. The simplicity of this one is beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the simple take on the card. The blue looks great with the brown and out of sea images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...