September 27, 2012

CASE Study #110


Hello again, friends!  I am sooo very glad to be back with a new card!  My revamped craft space is almost complete.  I still have most of my supplies boxed up and waiting to be organized, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  :)  I'm absolutely smitten with the new look of my room and can't wait to share the results with you in the near future.

In the meantime, how about we take at look at this week's inspiration at CASE Study by our September Muse, Torico?  
By Torico
Many thanks to Torico for sharing her talents with us this month!  We've truly enjoyed having her as our Muse.

As you can see, I took a very literal approach to my CASE this week.  I used the same vivid orange and yellow on my stamped butterfly, which I colored with Prisma pencils on kraft cardstock.  I used a label die to cut it out and attached it to a kraft panel with foam tape.

Instead of a black mat around the label, I pierced a border on the kraft panel, which is debossed with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, True Black)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Flora & Fauna I), Papertrey Ink (Through the Trees)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 1, Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor Premier pencils

Please join us in thanking Torico for the wonderful inspiration this month by linking up your creation at CASE Study!  

Have a happy Thursday everyone!

16 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderfully coloured butterfly and love the touch of piercing!

Marybeth said...

I love how you pierced around the mat , great idea! Beautiful card, amazing coloring .....looks so real!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous coloring on Kraft! So stunning! Can't wait to see your craft space!

Maureen said...

oh, love that butterfly and what a sweet sentiment! Can't WAIT for pics of your new studio space! Sounds wonderful!

Lynn said...

Oh my...this is a gorgeous CASE. Love your coloring on the butterfly. So lovely.

PS Can't wait to see your craft room pics!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so pretty!

Sara Mac said...

What a beautiful and serene card. Love the piercing. Hope all is well with you.

Lisa said...

This is stunning Christina, beautiful work!

Aimes said...

A beautiful take on the CASE! The paper piercing is the perfect amount of detail to add: it doesn't steal the limelight from that beautiful butterfly but is perfectly at home there!
Hugs!
x
P.S Lovin' the new blog make-over!

The Paper Parade said...

This is just beautiful, Christina! Perfect take on the CASE, I love the punched dots around the mat and the beautiful coloring of the butterfly.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You colored this so, so well, Christina. It truly looks like a real butterfly about to take off from the card!

Can't wait to see the new room!!

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on the CASE card! I love the paper-pieced holes and butterfly!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the holes... that's a great way to mix up the mat stacks.

Karen B. said...

So beautiful and elegant!

Renee said...

Simply stunning!
That butterfly is so incredibly vivid on the kraft...
love!
And the paper piercing around the mat...
what a genius idea! :)

Dr. Ivy said...

I love this card. The butterfly just pops. I am going to have to try this technique soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...