September 13, 2012

CASE Study #108


Happy Thursday!  It's been a busy week around here.  My son started pre-K on Monday, labs are in full swing at the college (which means a lot more work for me!), and we're having our windows replaced today.  My craft room had to be completely torn apart to make its 6 windows accessible, but I may finally get around to painting it while everything is cleared out.  Any advice as to what color I should use?  :)

While you ponder that question, why don't we take a look at this week's CASE Study inspiration provided by our Muse, Torico:
By Torico
Torico always uses the cutest images and has such crisp designs!  I used another image from her Birdie Brown Etsy shop this week, Winter Bear 02.

Like Torico, I used a die cut window and a banner at the bottom for the sentiment.  I colored the bears and cut them out, putting them inside the "window" with dotty background paper to resemble falling snow.  The sentiment is from WPlus9's Winter Wishes, and the snowflakes have been in my stash for a while.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (Bitty Dot Basics)
Digital stamp:  Birdie Brown (Winter Bear 02)
Clear stamp:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Winter Wishes)
Ink:  Versamark, Copic markers
Tools:  Spellbinders (square die), Papertrey Ink (banner die)
Accessories:  Michaels (snowflakes), Filigree (embossing powder)

Won't you join us this week at CASE Study?  I look forward to seeing how you interpret the challenge!

Have a great day, my friends!

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina I love it. A fantastic card, using a fantastic image by Torico. I think I need to buy everything in her etsy shop. Perfect colouring and an amazing CASE!

Lynn said...

Those snowmen are so so cute! Love how you framed them...and your coloring is incredible as always.

Now...onto paint colors I don't think I'm the one to ask...my hubby normally gets the right color on the first try and I take 2 to 3 tries to be happy with a color!

Karen said...

Fantastic Card!!!! Fab colouring....wow...

Kara Lynne said...

It's a busy life, isn't it! Very cute bears! I love the square window you created for them.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Those snow bears are too cute they just peep through the window and want to get in. Those lovely bears you love to invite inside.

Laura B. said...

This is so adorable! Love it!

Marisa said...

They are sooooo cute!!! Love the snowflakes and well coloured.

Sounds like life is busy!! I love earth tones and green so I would go with one of those. Go with a colour you love and makes you feel "happy"

Jean Martin said...

This is adorable Christina! I love your addition of snowflakes. Aren't these images sooo cute?!

I hope everything goes well with your craft room. How about a pale blue? It's relaxing and cool to the eye. :)

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

What a cute card! love the BG DSP that resembles snow. so sweet behind the snowflakes.
As for the room colors... Who Care! YOU get NEW room, yipppee! And more windows... whooo hooo! I say paint it the color your heart feels when you create..then you can't go wrong. Hugs

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh Christina, its ADORABLE!!! I love the shadows on the bears, and of course the bears themselves, they are too cute :) I love those neat vellum/shiny paper snowflakes, too! I've been meaning to tell you forever that I love my birthday card :) I love that you used kraft and Paper Smooches! Thank you for thinking of me :)

Katie said...

Your card is super-cute.
My color suggestion would be to use the colors that are in your logo. They are restful and would not compete with your projects.

Renee said...

What a cute card! So so sweet!!

Suzanne D. said...

I was staring and staring at this the other day and here I am staring again. I love everything about this, Christina. Your coloring, the window...all perfect!

Marybeth said...

The windows sound wonderful ,so many! I somehow missed this adorable card. I love the way you looted these guys. So darn perfect. Love the snowflake too. Good luch with all the extra worl.

fishydesign said...

The digi stamp is ADORABLE!! And I love the coloring of the polar bears, super cute!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Grin, these guys are great.Love the snowflake details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...