September 6, 2012

CASE Study #107


Hi there, friends!  Wasn't last month's CASE Study Anniversary celebration fun?  We have a new Muse this month, and I know you're going to love the inspiration each week.  Welcome Torico of Stamparadise!
By Torico

I've admired Torico's designs for a long time, but I'm also smitten with the digital images she illustrates for her Etsy shop, BirdieBrown.  Lucky for me and the rest of the CASE Study DT, we had the opportunity to use some of Torico's darling images on our cards this week.  Thanks so much, Torico!

For my design, I used the cute Robot with a Balloon image.  I used papers from Echo Park's A Boy's Life, then colored and cut out the image to pop up on foam tape.  A simple sentiment from Paper Smooches works perfectly with this image.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (A Boy's Life)
Digital Stamp:  BirdieBrown Etsy shop (Robot with a Balloon)
Clear stamp:  Paper Smooches (Boob Tubes)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die)
Accessories:  silver glitter pen, thread

Stop by the CASE Study blog to see the rest of the DT designs, and be sure to play along with us this week!

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Hope you're having a great week!

13 comments:

Jean Martin said...

My dear, dear friend. Once again you have made my day. I LOVE your card!!!! :) It made me smile when I saw it.

Kelly Griglione said...

Ack! Super-cool card! Love your coloring on the robot, the vibrant background papers, and how you nestled the sentiment right in there.

Lynn said...

I love all those fun patterned papers that highlight the sweet little robot Christina! Adorable!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Isn't that robot the cutest love it and you,ve used some pretty bright colors on your card too.

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, this is TOOO ADORABLE!!! I absolutely love it :) I love the cute papers you chose to go along with it, the little glitter accents, and the way you colored on the patterned paper to give dimension. Simply adorable card :)

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina this is too too cute! Love the layout and the colors just POP out at me. The stitches are the finishing touch. I wish I would remember to do this as it looks sooooo finished! hugs.

Karen B. said...

Great patterns, and he's super cute!

Marisa said...

He's so cute!! Darling papers and a great case :)

lostinpaper said...

Isn't this little fellow absolutely adorable! Your colouring is perfect and the PS sentiment so much fun!
I always love to visit and see what you've been up to!

Renee said...

What an adorably fun card!!
LOVE the mix of papers...
and that little robot...
too precious!! :)

Virginia L. said...

Wow, perfection! I really like how you layered the image! The colors are so pleasing to the eyes, Christina!

Maureen said...

totally sweet! I love the papers and fun stitching! I'm bagged! LOL, no easing into anything...full on work now and LONG days of setting up and laminating like a true primary teacher :) LOL TGIF tomorrow!

JJ Bolton said...

Completely adorable! Love the stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...