August 30, 2012

CASE Study #106


Hi there, friends.

It continues to be crazy busy around here.  I got the home improvement bug a few weeks ago and painted my daughter's bedroom, and today I finished my son's room.  I painted the ceilings and trim, too, and I even replaced the countertops on my daughter's built-in dressers.  Both rooms turned out great and the kids love them, but I am thoroughly exhausted.  :)

Today we scheduled installation of 8 new windows, 6 of which will replace the original windows from 1930 in my craft room.  Yay!  I've put off painting and fixing up this room knowing the windows need to be replaced, so I can't wait to give it a face lift when the job is done.  Every winter we have to put plastic sheets over these windows, and I have heavy thermal curtains over them to keep out as much of the cold air as possible.  It will be so nice to take those down and have the room be a true sun porch, with sunshine in every season!

Anyway, on to a card!  We have had a fabulous celebration all month long at the CASE Study Challenge blog for our 2nd anniversary, and this week we'll wrap up the festivities by CASEing ourselves!  Here is the card I chose to CASE, which I made last fall:

Original card HERE
It was so much harder to CASE myself than I expected!  But I decided to use the idea of a negative space inside a label, woodgrain texture, and the colors Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, and Early Espresso.

I first made the brown frame by die cutting and debossing a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  On a Rustic Cream label underneath, I stamped a Verve sentiment.  The die cut branch and bird from WPlus9's Love Birds are layered on top with foam tape.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso), Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Love Birds, Woodgrain Silhouettes), Verve (sentiment free with purchase)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry), Versamark
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 18), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas, Woodgrain impression plates, Mat Stack 1 die), WPlus9 Design Studio (branch die), corner rounder
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls)

To play along, choose one of your own cards to CASE, then link it up at the CASE Study blog!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great week.  :)

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahhh...you must be exhausted. We have our office down to our desk only for a remodel, but I have to say Pat is doing most of the work! :)

Gorgeous CASE of yourself...love the deep rich colors!

Aimes said...

Your house sounds super busy!!! Hope it's not too chaotic for you all!
Looooooove this rich colour combo and that birdie is just adorable!
Hugs!
x

Maureen said...

so beautiful! love that bird and the woodgrain embossing! You are busy! Things are picking up here too as I set up for the new year :) Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the rich colors. The birdie is so sweet! I think I might just have to get that set and die. :o)

Marybeth said...

Wow, maybe you will be able to rest on LABOR Day :) Beautiful CASE of your own card Christina! Love the font in your sentiment as well.

Marisa said...

Love that wood grain panel and the bird is adorable. Great self case!

You go renovation mama!! Wow! I'm tired just reading about all you have done! Puts my four hours of carpet cleaning woes to shame LOL! How wonderful to have a warm sun room too!! Enjoy :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love both of those cards! Gorgeous colors and I love that wood grain texture. Good for you for getting those rooms done, and hooray for new windows!

Vickie Z said...

Love the CASE of the CASE!!! Girl...your arms must be tired! You have definitely been busy! Trim....taping...painting...doing it again! Arms sore and tired!

Renee said...

Fabulous!
But they always are! :)
Love the woodgrain frame...
perfect!
And YAY for painting!!
And after spending the summer painting around here...
and still have more...
I needed a break so I totally understand!
And I'm hoping to someday turn my back porch into "my" space...
with a wall of windows so I'm excited for you to get those new ones up and that way you have a cozy spot this winter! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...