August 23, 2012

CASE Study #105


Hello friends!  I'm back from vacation just in time to share a card for the latest CASE Study challenge.  We've been celebrating CASE Study's 2nd anniversary all month long, and this week's special challenge is to CASE one of our participants!

We have so many fantastic designers submitting their creations to the challenge every week, so it was tough to narrow it down to one participant and only one card, but I finally settled on this beauty by TesaB of Tesa's Scrap:

By TesaB
Swoon, right?  I love the window scene with the banner behind it, the newsprint, and the natural twine, so I used similar elements on my card.

I had this chartreuse window die cut that Renee sent with our first Christmas kit, so I used it to make a scene with a fall tree from Paper Smooches' Autumn Groves.  For the background, I used woodgrain patterned paper from A Muse Studio and a vintage book page, which includes a Robert Frost poem entitled "Tree at My Window".

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Simply Chartreuse), Bazzill (brown), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  A Muse Studio (woodgrain)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Autumn Groves, Sentiment Sampler)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Peach Parfait), Copic markers
Tools:  Memory Box (window die), Papertrey Ink (banner die)
Accessories:  The Ribbon Carousel (twine), thread
Other:  vintage book page

Check out which of our regular players the rest of the DT have CASEd this week, then spend some time perusing our past challenge galleries to find inspiration from one of the many fabulous entries we've had in the last 2 years.

Time to catch up on some sleep!  Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun, love the window... did you see that I CASEd you last week?

Lynn said...

What a gorgeous CASE Christina! Love the fall tree behind the window...stunning!

Gayatri said...

Wow! Great CASE, Christina! Love how you have used all warm colours and natural elements on your card and coordinating sentiment. Love it.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina this is so sweet! I absolutely LOVE how your newsprint background is the Tree outside my window! how cool is that! Hugs.

Lisa said...

LOVE this sweet Autumn scene you've created, adorable card!

Sharron said...

Of course, I LOVE those window dies! And your autumn tree is wonderful, especially with those great colors! Love that piece of the book page in your background!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

lovely card Christina! I love the way you CASEd it! sooo pretty! Have a great day :)

Marybeth said...

Grate warm CASE. Very cute and like the sentiment says , warm card. Love the tree.

Dr. Ivy said...

Love the window. This is a great card. Thanks for sharing.

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, I just LOVE that you used PS stamps :) I just got this set and I am in love with it...what you did is too cute! I love the falling leaf :) And what a great sketch to follow, too.

TesaB said...

Ohhh, what a fab card!!!! LOVE the green window against the browns and beiges!!! Just gorgeous. I simply need that die! :)

Aimes said...

Y'know I can't wait until that's the scene from my window...I love autumn! :)
Fab use of DP too! I'm taking notes! LOL!
Hugs!
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...