August 16, 2012

CASE Study #104--The Celebration Continues!


Welcome back, friends!  We're continuing the celebration of CASE Study's 2nd Anniversary this week, and I hope you'll find time to join in.

This week's challenge is to CASE a Design Team member!  I chose one of the many gorgeous cards by my blog friend and fellow Teamie, Jean Martin.

By Jean Martin
I decided to CASE the layout of Jean's card and use a similar, soft color palette.

I used stamps from WPlus9's Spring Post and Woodgrain Silhouettes to create the background pattern, then stitched a frame as a nod to Jean's fabulous quilted background.

In place of the beautiful frame embellishment on Jean's card, I die cut a frame using my Labels 18 Nesties and trimmed it along the edge of the card.  A sentiment from Spring Post on the banner and a die cut bird from Love Birds make up the focal point.

Instead of lace trim, I added a few scored lines along the bottom of the card and tied it with natural twine.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Spring Post, Woodgrain Silhouettes, Love Birds)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Certainly Celery)
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 18), WPlus9 Design Studio (bird die), Papertrey Ink (banner die), scoring board, corner rounder
Accessories:  The Ribbon Carousel (natural twine)

Once I finished, I thought I'd like to try the same design on a kraft base to create greater contrast between the background and the white frame, so maybe I'll CASE this again in the future!

Please stop by the CASE Study challenge blog to see what the rest of the girls have done (and who they've CASEd this week!), then link up your creation.

Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card to CASE and your interpretation rocks!! I love the colours :)

kasia c. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Christina. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Christina! The colours are so pretty.

Lynn said...

Beyond gorgeous Christina. Love the colors you choose.

Kara said...

Really pretty!! Love the original too:)

Jean Martin said...

Christina this is fabulous! It's absolutely you, but I see me too! :) I love having you as a teamie. It feels like we've known each other since forever. :)

Suzanne D. said...

Christina, this is so stunning! I love it all! You have such a way of stamping and layering everything so perfectly. I just love it when your blog pops up in my reader!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Christina. Love the postal stamps in rows... great colors too... and I love the sweet bird in that frame. Great take on Jean's card.

Sharron said...

Jean's card is so pretty and your version is gorgeous as well! Love how you used the stamp image and the bird in the frame! Beautifully designed, as always!

Jen W. said...

More WPlus9 gorgeousness and I love the little touches - the scored lines, the stitching and the twine bow!

Aimes said...

Love the Christina take on Jean's card! Still similar but with an oomph of CAS added in too - love it!
Hugs!
x

Karen B. said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christina! Love the colors. And I just got these stamps and dies, and I can't wait to put them to use!

Ginny said...

What a sweet and beautiful card. Terrific case of Jean's card, and I love the color combination you chose. Simply outstanding.

cbuswell said...

Super card, love the postage stamps and the sweet birdie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...