July 12, 2012

CASE Study #99


It's that time again--a new CASE Study challenge is waiting!  Are you ready to play along?

We have another beauty by Kristii Lockart for inspiration this week:

By Kristii Lockart
I love the soft blue paired with yellow/peach, and the pinked squares made me think of postage stamps, so that's where I went.

After die cutting the postage stamps from white cardstock, I adhered them temporarily to a piece of scrap paper and stamped the branch image across them in Baja Breeze ink.  I doodled a frame on each stamp to for definition.

After stamping the branch onto a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock, I added an eyelet border, stamped a sentiment, and adhered the postage with foam dots.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), A Muse Studio (Apricot), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Spring Post), Papertrey Ink (Postmarks)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (postage die, eyelet border die), corner rounder

Sorry for the less-than-stellar photos, but I took these in the midst of the chaos of trying to leave for my road trip.  *grin*

I hope you'll visit my fabulous teammates at CASE Study to see their takes on this week's challenge!

Thanks for visiting today!

19 comments:

Laura B. said...

Love how you stamped those leaves over the postage stamps!

Cassandra said...

Adore the simplicity of your interpretation of a very complicated design. I don't think anyone can over use Woodgrain Silhouettes (I don't use it enough, thanks for the reminder).

Lynn said...

This color combo is fabulous. Love how you made the design so CAS Christina. Beautiful.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina love how you did this! Looks fabulous.. and the doodling is my favorite part! It really adds interest to the stamps! hugs.

JJ Bolton said...

So lovely! Thanks for the explanation on how it came together! (I always enjoy the process:)

Kara Lynne said...

Love the double impression of the stamp! Such a fun, clean design with beautiful colors!

Jean Martin said...

Christina you always bring out the best of WPlus9 stamps whenever you use them! This is gorgeous! I wanted to join the Cloud9 hop but I was swamped with DT projects. :( I hope I can join in the next one.

Dr. Ivy said...

This is fabulous. I love the postage stamp focal point. You always provide me with inspiration. The sun on my post was inspired by a sun you did a while back. I did not know exactly how you wrapped the Baker's twine so I had to put my own twist on the concept. But thank you for all your beautiful creations and "out of the box" thinking.

Marybeth said...

Sooo pretty Christina! Beautiful colors, and I love the way you stamped the leaves on both… so creative.

xiumaiyuki said...

What gorgeous design! And I love the way you stamped those branches over the postage and the touch of yellow!

Marisa said...

Looove how you did the leaf image!! Great case!!

Ginny said...

Your card is spectacular, Christina! What a beautiful job you did in stamping the postage and then adhering it to line up the way it does - I really do like the definition of the frame you doodled on the postage. The whole card is very eye-appealing!

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, I love how you stamped on the postage stamps! what a great idea :) No surprise coming from YOU!

Vickie Z said...

Love it! Still trying to figure out how you lined up the leaves so perfectly with the postage squares stamping them on two different papers...must be my slow brain...will have to experiment!!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
The colors...
and oh my goodness...
how you got the leaves perfect on all those postage stamps...
I would have wasted so much perfectly good paper...
I shudder to think!*giggle*
Amazing as always!

Sharron said...

LOVE how you did the leaves on the postage stamps! What a fabulously creative design! The colors are gorgeous too--the contrast of the yellow looks fantastic!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, especially since I just pulled out those postage stamps.

Aimes said...

Fabulous card, Christina! I love your leaves stamped over the postage notes and I love your layout too!
Hugs!
x

Karen B. said...

What a gorgeous creation, i really enjoy seeing the yellow pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...