July 5, 2012

CASE Study #98


Hello there!  I apologize for being absent lately, but it will continue to be a little quiet around here for the next few weeks.  My husband and I had a blissful weekend in Acadia for our anniversary, and I'll be sharing some photos in the near future.  Thanks so much for all of your well wishes!

It's hard to believe we're already into a new month, and of course that means a new Muse at CASE Study!  You're in for a treat, as we have the wonderfully talented Kristii Lockart joining us this month.  Check out the lovely inspiration she's provided this week:

By Kristii Lockart
I absolutely love the detail of this little scene!  For my clean and simple take on the design, I focused on the bird element and the masked circle.

Using a background stamp from The Craft's Meow's Retro Foundations, I stamped the pattern inside a masked circle.  A couple of strips of cardstock toward the bottom give the bird a place to perch.  

Inspired by the little hearts in Kristii's design, I doodled a few music notes to complement the sentiment.


Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze, Early Espresso)
Stamps:  The Craft's Meow (Retro Foundations), Papertrey Ink (Happy Trails)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze, Early Espresso)
Tools:  Memory Box (Perched Reed Bird die), Spellbinders (circle die)
Other:  Stampin' Up! (Stampin' Write marker)

Stop by the CASE Study blog to see the rest of the DT samples and link up your own take on Kristii's card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great week!

21 comments:

Ann said...

Love that sweet little bird! Great take on the inspiration!

Marisa said...

Love the notes!! Great case and layout. So glad to hear you had a great weekend away :)

Lynn said...

Love, love, love how you masked off the circle. Divine layout.

Andrea Ewen said...

Those are some amazing doodles...I don't think my music notes would come out nearly as well! Beautiful card, Christina...love the colors and the bold stamping. Gorgeous!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina how cute is that! LOVE the little birdie, but the background stamping is a WOW. What a pretty blue color.. hugs.

cbuswell said...

I love the simplicity! Really gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! I love the bird singing--great take on the inspiration!

Maureen said...

LOVE that gorgeous masked background! Just stunning! Sounds like you are having too much fun and I love it! Happy belated Anniversary...ours is Saturday...but only 5 years...lol

Jean Martin said...

There you go again with your gorgeous CAS! I am totally starting to like this style because of you! :) Gorgeous card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just Beautiful in every way!

Jeanne J said...

That stamped background just blew me away! Love your sweet birdie and the little tiny notes - music for the eyes !!!

Lisa said...

Love this sweet little songbird Christina! I remember Kristi's card with the PTI stork...it's one of my all time favs! I love the circle you've created from your take on the card and the way he's perched on the horizontal strip...cuteness ;)

Marybeth said...

Love your take on the beautiful inspiration card. Such a pretty CAS note card. Love it!

Suzanne D. said...

Doodled?! I thought they were stamped! Perfect, Christina! I love the pattern of the BG stamp and how that diecut bird stands out so wonderfully. The two stripes are pretty cool too.

Bethany said...

So cute and lovely! I love the music notes and that sweet little bird! Have a great day :)

Aimes said...

Awesome take on Kristii's card, Christina!!! I love it!!!!
Hugs!
x

Karen B. said...

Awesome use of those circles! And I really like your color choices as well.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how you turned the scene into a CAS scene, I always struggle with all those layers.

Sharron said...

Amazing job with your masking! Love all the elements on this one--fabulous background stamp and adorable little bird!

Julie said...

Love your clean and simple card. Great design and colour.

Vickie Z said...

Love the masking and stamping with retro foundations-inspiring me to get mine out and get busy! Love that bird and those doodled notes are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...