July 26, 2012

CASE Study #101


Hello, friends!  It's almost the end of the week, and I'm definitely ready for it.  Not only was this my first week back at work after vacation, but I'm covering for our lab manager for the next 4 weeks while she takes some time off.  My husband is also teaching classes in the morning and at night, so I have to fit my hours into the middle of the day when he can be home with the kids.  It's a little stressful during the week, but at least we both have 3-day weekends for the rest of the summer so we can catch our breath!

Okay, enough complaining.  :)  It's time to share another lovely card by Kristii Lockart for this week's CASE Study challenge!

By Kristii Lockart
Isn't it beautiful?  I was really inspired by the bright florals against the kraft and the tone-on-tone doilies on the background.

I still had the Reflections stamp set from Paper Smooches on my desk after using it on my last card, so I inked up some of the leaves and blooms in bright colors and stamped them in a symmetrical pattern in the middle of the kraft panel.

The sentiment, from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix, fits perfectly on a Spellbinders tag, which gets framed by the stamped florals.  The medallions were added using Versamark, and I thought the stitched frame gave the design a more cohesive look.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Rustic Cream), Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Reflections), WPlus9 Design Studio (Heartfelt Mix, Mehndi Medallions)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Daffodil Delight), Versamark
Tools:  Spellbinders (Fancy Tags)
Accessories:  thread

The sentiment is finished on the inside of the card.


We hope you'll join us for Kristii's last week as Muse!  And don't forget that August is our anniversary month at CASE Study, so stay tuned for details about the upcoming festivities.

Thanks for your visit!  Have a great Thursday!

13 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that you finished the inside. And the touch of tone on tone with the colors is fabulous Christina!

Kim S said...

I love what you have done with the inspiration!! The bold folk florals with the doilies is a great combo!

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful! Those colors are so vibrant against the kraft!

Laura B. said...

Love your vibrant flowers! So pretty!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Christina! I love the way you used Reflections and added the medallions. Fabulous way to finish the inside, too!

Lisa said...

Love the pops of color on your card Christina. It's lovely and has a sweet folk art feel to it!

Maureen said...

oh, these colours are yummy on kraft! And I LOVE the stitching! It's the perfect finishing touch :) I know that feeling of being off and then work starts full on! I'll be feeling that in September! Hang in!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the colours in Kristii's card! Love the doily in the BG and the sentiment tag in white just pops off the page :)

xiumaiyuki said...

Gorgeous inside and out!! Again, loving how everything looks on Kraft.

Kara Lynne said...

I love the special finishing inside the card. Such a beautiful card! Life sounds way too busy right now for you!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You're not complaining, you're merely sharing with your fabulous crafty friends who totally understand how less time to play in your craft room is stressful. Man it's a pain when life gets in the way! Any kraft card is a winner in my book.

Bethany said...

this is so super gorgeous! I love the colors!

Karen B. said...

Christina, your stamping is out of this world! Gorgeous I say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...