July 19, 2012

CASE Study #100


Well hello, strangers!  How's your week going?  As of tomorrow morning, I'll be on the road again and headed home.  I'm really looking forward to seeing my husband, sleeping in my own bed, and getting back to my craft room.  :)

We've had a great visit with my parents and brothers, and my Mom is doing much better after her knee replacement.  Thanks so much for your patience while things have been quiet here on the blog.

Now on to this week's CASE Study challenge!  Our Muse, Kristii has provided this sweet card for our inspiration:

By Kristii Lockart
I didn't think I'd be able to participate this week, but I managed to gather some limited supplies and whip up a simple card.  I just received a WPlus9 set that has long been on my wish list, Love Birds.  I stamped the tree branch and leaves on a white cardstock panel, then fussy cut and popped up the birds and hearts.  I also included a strip of cinched gingham ribbon, a white button, and a few gems.

Cardstock:  Staples (White), Bazzill (blue)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Love Birds)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Robin's Egg, Cranberry, Moss Green), Memento (Cocoa Brown)
Tools:  corner rounder
Accessories:  ribbon, button, rhinestones, DMC floss

Be sure to visit the rest of the CASE Study DT to see their wonderful creations, and I hope you'll find some time to play along with us this week.

Thanks for your visit, friends!

14 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

Oh, I love your take on this!! The colors, the birds, the gingham ribbon.... everything just mesh together perfectly. Have a safe trip home!

Laura B. said...

So cute!

Kara Lynne said...

Those two birds are so sweet! I love the colors and the clean white space on your card.

Lynn said...

Safe travels on your way home Christina. This is so so sweet...love the gingham ribbon to compliment the design.

cbuswell said...

Stunning card! Great stamping! Love it!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina, I think BOTH of these are just adorable! LOVE the color combos too, and your take on the inspiration card is fabulous... like a close-up shot of the tree!
Hugs

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! Love the gingham and the red birds. Safe travels , glad your mother is doing well.

Kara said...

Beautiful, Christina!!

The Paper Parade said...

Glad you'll be home soon! We will have to set up a crafty get together...actually you should think about August 11th...Jenn and Suzanne and I are going to Absolutely Everything in hopes that our names will be drawn for the 60 sec dash! I haven't talked to Suzanne yet, but Jenn and I were thinking of making a day out of it and going out to lunch, too. (I'm sure Suzanne will be game!) Anyway, how cute this card turned out! I love the hearts for the leaves and how they have variegated color, and the strategically place rhinestones look effortless :)

Ginny said...

Great job, Christina! and such a perfect case of the inspiration card. Now I think I might have to case yours!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so petty Christina. Love the sweet birdies on the branch. The ribbon is awesome.

Karen B. said...

This is such a sweet card, the colors are amazing.

Aimes said...

So very, very, very sweet!!!! I love the elements you've taken from Kristii's card and interpreted them into your own style - fabulous!
Hugs!
x

Kristii said...

ABsolutely sweet as can be!!! Love, love, love your sweet birds and all the sweet little details are perfect!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...