June 28, 2012

CASE Study #97


It's a little quiet around here, no?  Sorry to be absent, but I've been busy getting ready for a weekend trip with my hubby for our anniversary, then I'll be embarking on my annual road trip to visit family in Indiana at the end of next week.  Lots still to do before I go!

I hope you won't be too busy to join us this week at CASE Study!  I'm loving this week's inspiration from Joy Taylor:

By Joy Taylor
Fabulous, right?  I was inspired by the slightly grungy look of the washi tape, the red and pink combo, and the typewriter.

Starting with a white card base, I stamped images from The Craft's Meow's Typically Teen and PTI's Grunge Me in opposite corners.

The typewriter and sentiment are from an A Muse Studio set called Just My Type.  I stamped the image on Soft Stone cardstock, added some accents with a gray Copic marker, and cut it out.  I popped the image up with foam tape and called it done!

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Papertrey Ink (Soft Stone)
Stamps:  A Muse Studio (Just My Type), The Craft's Meow (Typically Teen), Papertrey Ink (Grunge Me)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Bravo Burgundy, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Regal Rose), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic marker

I hope to see your entry in the gallery this week!  Thanks for stopping by, friends!

15 comments:

Marisa said...

I learned how to type on one of these LOL! A few years later the IBM ball came out. Oh my...I"m getting old LOL! Great case :)

Laura B. said...

Love your stamp layering! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Lynn said...

Big old happy smile going on...this card is absolutely divine! Right up my ally with those two stamp sets...youzers!

Have a fabulous trip!

Karen said...

awesome card....love your cards....

LeAnne said...

Love love love this!

Karen B. said...

I LOVE this! What an amazing use of the red color palette, and it is just so fun!

Vickie Z said...

Love this card!! The mix of typically teen and the PTI set is perfect and the mix of colors is fabulous! Have fun on your We trip and going to Indiana....my family lives close to Ft. Wayne and also northwest side a couple hours north of Indy ( small farm town) .

Jean Martin said...

You are gradually making me love CAS more and more! This is amazing! I love your combination of stamps on the background. LOVE it!!! :) Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy both your trips!!! :)

Ann said...

Ohhhh my, I am loving what you did with this inspiration! Fabulous!

Enjoy your trips!

Queen Mary said...

I think you did an excellent job with the grungy bits! Perfect touch with the copics on the typewriter too.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Quiet isn't bad, life is busy!!! Love this, just made a CASE project... will share a bit later.

Bethany said...

love this!
Wonderful CAS design and I love all the stamping in red!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love your card - wonderful stamping and colour combo!

Aimes said...

Fabulous stamping!!! Love that background (and the typewriter of course!)
Hugs!
x

Monique said...

I used this card as inspiration for this card here:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/504159-monsu/1852217-casology7-kiss-me/

Thanks, I realy love your CAS style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...