June 14, 2012

CASE Study #95


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by!  It's time for a new CASE Study challenge with our June Muse, Joy Taylor.  Here is her inspiring card for this week's challenge:

By Joy Taylor
I love the design of Joy's card, the negative die cut, and the pretty peach flower.  For my version, I stamped the large image from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Roses in Bloom onto Melon Berry cardstock and colored it with Copics.  This stamp set was a wonderful surprise that arrived on my doorstep from my sweet blog friend, Jeanne.  Thank you so much, Jeanne!

For the card base, I debossed a diamond pattern onto white cardstock, then popped up panels of Baja Breeze with foam dots.  The flower is also adhered with foam tape for dimension.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), Papertrey Ink (Melon Berry)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (2008 Bitty Dots)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps (Roses in Bloom), Papertrey Ink (Pretty Peonies)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Diamonds impression plate)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (rhinestones)

I hope you'll stop by the CASE Study blog to see the rest of the DT samples, then link up your take on Joy's beautiful card.

I'm off to bed, as I have an early start tomorrow, then I'm looking forward to picking up my hubby at the airport in the afternoon.  :)

Have a great day, friends!

22 comments:

Laura B. said...

What a gorgeous card!! That flower is stunning!

kasia c. said...

Oh Christina! I love your CASE!!
Gorgeous flowers and that "debossed" section is just perfect. :)

Lynn said...

Welcome home to your hubby! I'm sure you'll be so happy for him to be home. I love the gorgeous coloring on your flower. The color combo is perfect.

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christina!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! The rich colors of the flower are lovely against the background!

Cristina said...

Simply beautiful.

Kara Lynne said...

That is a gorgeous take on Joy's card! Your bling is perfectly placed, and I love the white panel.

Julie said...

What a fabulous card and such a lovely case! Wonderful!

Jeanne J said...

OH WOW Christina! I think this set was meant for you! The rose looks amazing and I love it against the blue! It really shows off your coloring skills - the shading is beautiful!

Marisa said...

Great colour combo and fabulously coloured flower! Lovely case :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Christina, your colouring is always fantastic.

Aimes said...

Gorgeous take on the CASE Study, Christina! Your card really caught my eye with that bold flower and your gorgeous colouring!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous. LOVE your coloring. hugs

Linda Beeson said...

I am so in love with that flower you used and the great colors.

xiumaiyuki said...

Stunning!! Your coloring on that flower is terrific.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card, how nice of Jeanne! You will be hooked. Love your bright orange flower.

Karen B. said...

This is seriously stunning!

Dr. Ivy said...

Love your card, your flower is so beautiful and vibrant. Hope your family is well.

Bethany said...

very pretty! The gems add a great touch!

Maureen said...

stunning! I love the reverse white panel!! What a bold and beautiful blossom!

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, these colors are gorgeous! And your coloring? Wow...you are good!

Kathy D. said...

I lifted you again!! I promise I'm not stalking you!! You just make the cutest cards that are perfect for what I'm doing. Thanks again for being such super inspiration.

http://dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/clearly-inspired-challenge-54/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...