May 31, 2012

CASE Study #93

To see my post for The 12 Kits of Christmas, please scroll down!


Woohoo!  Two posts in one night!  

I'm back with a card for this week's CASE Study challenge.  This is our last week with Muse Agnieszka Malyszek (sniff, sniff), and hasn't it been an amazing month?  Aga has one more fabulous card to share with us, and I can't wait to see how it inspires you:


I was inspired by the sketch and the splattered ink, and since I just got WPlus9's Super Star set I decided to ink it up.

I stamped the starburst image twice in the bottom corner and used the single stars in the set to make a complete oval.  

For the ink splatters, I swiped some Chocolate Chip ink onto a piece of clear acetate and misted it with water.  I picked up some ink on a paint brush and flicked it onto the card front until I was happy with the look.

For the banner, I stamped the chevrons in Pool Party, then the word "dad" in Chocolate.  I added the small sentiment underneath the banner, which is popped up with foam dots.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Super Star), Lawn Fawn (Chevron Backdrops)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Pool Party, Chocolate Chip)

Stop by the CASE Study blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has cooked up this week, then link up your creation!

Thanks for visiting again!  Have a happy Thursday!

22 comments:

Laura B. said...

Love your card and your trick for making ink splatters! Must try it!

Marisa said...

Great CASE and love the paint splatter!!

Jenny said...

Love those shooting stars and ink splats...what a great guys card :0)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous CASE of Aga's card...I love how you layered the banner on top of the stamps...fabulous!

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely fantastic! It's the perfect masculine card,love those colours and spatters!

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! I've been struggling with those stars and this is fabulous inspiration...the splattered ink, colors and design.

Aimes said...

Seriously awesome take on the CASE Study this week!!!
Hugs!
x

Cristina said...

Oh, love! You made that set shine, and I'm going to steal your idea for making splatters with ink. Opens up so many color possibilities!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic card Christina, I love your paint splatters.

Lisa said...

This is SO FUN Christina, fabulous card!

Sara Mac said...

Awesome card Christina! Love the splatters. Thanks for letting us know how you made them.

Maureen said...

this card makes me want to run out and CELEBRATE! Love the inspiration you took and ran with!

Jean Martin said...

Christina!!! I LOVE this!!!! You are making me like CAS all the more! :)

xiumaiyuki said...

Love your take on this and how you turned it into a masculine card. So perfect for my mojo!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love your color combo, expert stamping, and fun splatter!

Bethany said...

so pretty! I love your stamping! Have a nice day :)

Karen B. said...

LOVE the splatters, and love this card!

Suzanne Russell said...

I adore this card! I may have to order the stamp set immediately! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nance Leedy said...

Holy COW, this is rock star material Christina! FABulous take on the inspiration and your colors are so fresh and modern....LOVE it! (((hugs)))

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card! Love your take on the inspiration card... and how you used the star stamp.

VanessaB said...

awesome father's day card

kasia c. said...

LOOOOVE!!
The colours, the layout, the sentiment strip, the spatters.
FAB-U-LOUS!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...