May 17, 2012

CASE Study #91


Happy Thursday, friends!  We're almost to the weekend, and it's supposed to be a beautiful one here.  We're headed to Boston for a festival, and I just made plans to take my daughter's friend with us.  My daughter just might pee from excitement when I tell her the news.  *giggle*  What do you have planned this weekend?

I hope you'll make some time for this week's CASE Study challenge, featuring another lovely card by our Muse of the month, Agnieszka (Aga).  Isn't it a beauty?

By Agnieszka
I kept a lot of elements from the original--the green butterflies, the tag, the woodgrain, and the sentiment banner.

To give my card a little less bulk, I opted to deboss the kraft panel with a tag die rather than add it as a layer.  To do this, I placed the tag die in the middle of the woodgrain impression plate with the cutting side UP, then the cardstock, then an embossing mat.  It left a great, deep impression without cutting all the way through.

I added some soft white ink to the woodgrain to bring out the texture.  Then I stamped the butterflies, colored them with Copics, and cut them out.  They're attached with foam dots just on the body for dimension.

For the ribbon, I punched a hole in the top of the tag and ran the ribbon through to the back of the panel, securing it with embroidery floss.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (White, Kraft)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Flora & Fauna I, Spring Post)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Clearsnap (Frost White), Copic markers
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (tag & banner dies, woodgrain impression plate), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper), hole punch
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Queen & Co. (rhinestones), DMC floss

Want to play along with us this week?  Hop on over to the CASE Study blog to see what my fellow teamies have made and to link up your creation!

Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

Joyce said...

Your card is so beautiful. I need to try that IP and die technique again. Your butterfly coloring is just perfect.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous butterflies - such fabulous shades of green...happy sigh :) Love the tag on the wood grain too. Well done :)

Tan's Hobbies said...

Hi, Christina!! This card of yours is soooo beautiful. Love how you designed the background card, it is so creative!! Love those butterflies and your coloring is so great!!! Love the additional of the sweet ribbon!! Big hugs from your new follower, Tan =)

Lynn said...

I have really got to figure out how to use my Sizzix to create the tag like you did...so gorgeous!

June K said...

Beautiful card, Christina. That embossed tag is so cool. That's the first thing I noticed about your card. Thanks for the tip.

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous debossing and butterflies!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE that debossed tag! And your butterflies, in green, are so striking!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous card, your debossing technique is definitely one to try. Your colouring of the butterflies is perfect! We are heading to cottage country this weekend to brave the black flies. Have a great time in Boston.

Bethany said...

SO pretty...I love your CASE!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!! Love the bright colors

JJ Bolton said...

This is just too beautiful! Everything is just perfect from the color to the debossing to the delicate butterflies:)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend at the festival!

Jean Martin said...

This is my favorite ;) Luv, luv, luv it! :)

Marybeth said...

Wow! Love the way you de bossed that tag on this one. Such a great idea! Beautiful butterflies as well. Have a great weekend Christina!

xiumaiyuki said...

Its a beauty. Gorgeous butterflies and the tag in the middle of the woodgrain is fabulous. How clever!

Jeanne J said...

So neat how you embossed the tag and the wood grain - like a magic trick. I stared and stared thinking "how'd she do that?". Very clever Christina! I also like how you took the green from the design and kept it confined to the butterflies - makes them really pop off the page! Brillaint card!

Ryann Salamon said...

Great CASE! Love what you've done here with the embossed tag. Fabulous!

veronica said...

love that huge green butterfly!!
looks terrific!

Shelley Germann said...

I may have to get a few more details on this technique. I read it twice and not sure if I understand (it's late though, that might explain my lack of understanding!) This is one big sandwich going through your machine? Anyway...it's a beautiful card! Love the green butterflies!

Cristina said...

Oh, so much love! And I just did that debossing technique today, too. Must be something in the craft water. :) Have a great weekend, Christina!

Cristina said...

Okay, let me edit: I sort of did the same technique. The debossing, anyway. Although I didn't have the brilliant inspiration to combine it with an impression plate.

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your take on it! Hugs ~S~

Dawn said...

Love. That is all. Love. ;)

Karen B. said...

I've got to try this technique! Your tag is stunning. Love the bold colors and the green.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!!!

Sarah C said...

Beautiful textures and love the bright greens! Gorgeous card!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE it! What a wonderful idea to incorporate the tag into the woodgrain panel and those butterflies totally ROCK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...