May 10, 2012

CASE Study #90


Happy Thursday!  You were all so inspired by our May Muse last week--you rocked the gallery!  Are you ready to feast your eyes on another incredible CAS design by Aga for this week's CASE Study challenge?

By Aga
Her card is just breathtaking, don't you think?  I love the detail of the floral stamps, the scattered pearls, and the soft pink stamping.

For my version, I stuck fairly close to the original, choosing the large dogwood branch from WPlus9's Flora & Fauna I and stamping it twice in Pretty in Pink.  I outlined the images with a T1 Copic marker to help them pop.

The butterfly is from the same set, stamped in Certainly Celery and cut out by hand.

A scored frame, a simple sentiment, and scattered pearls are the finishing touches.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Flora & Fauna I), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon, Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery)
Tools:  Martha Stewart Crafts (Scoring board)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (pearls)

I hope you enjoy my take on this week's challenge and will be inspired to play along!  Check out the rest of the DT samples at the CASE Study blog for some fabulous eye candy, too!

Thanks for visiting, friends!

21 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, what a gorgeous, elegant card! LOVE those blossoms and all the pearls :)

Marybeth said...

Christina…. gorgeous! Such soft pretty colors and its just so elegant. You made a beautiful card from the inspiration photo. I like the way you just added one flower to the stamped images. Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Lynn said...

I love all the scoring that adds such fabulous dimension to this card Christina. Stunning!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is stunning!!! The little scallops, the pearls, and the score lines are all such little details that pack a wonderful punch! Love it!!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card for Mother's Day Christina! The colours and flowers are amazing!

Vickie Z said...

Love the blossoms, butterfly, and pearls!!! The outlining does make the flowers pop!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous case, Christina! Love this colour combo and the touch of pearls is perfect.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Christina. Love the soft pink on the flowers. I think I have to get that stamp! :o)

Jean Martin said...

Wow Christina!!! I love this!! This is my favorite stamp set from WPlus9 and you ALWAYS make gorgeous cards with it. Soooo beautiful!!!!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous Christina! I love how you layered the butterfly and flower on top of your sentiment panel! Very pretty!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning.

Cristina said...

Stunning, right down to the tiny stamped scallops under the sentiment.

cbuswell said...

LOVE this! really gorgeous!

xiumaiyuki said...

My goodness, it's gorgeous! So soft and pretty. The perfect Mother's Day card. Wow.

Renee said...

Ohhh...so stunningly elegant!!
This is just gorgeous Christina!!
Any mother would love to receive this for Mother's Day!

Bethany said...

Beautiful card! I just love it! I love the butterfly too!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christine this Mother's Day card is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the soft pink with the green butterfly on white. Stunning! hugs

JJ Bolton said...

Just beautiful! Dogwood blooms are some of my favorite flowers:). Love what you did with the scoring!

Aimes said...

What a soft and pretty take on Aga's card! I love that embossed border too!
Hugs!
x

kasia c. said...

Wow!! this is beautiful!!
I love the placement of all those flowers. And that grey outline really makes them pop!!

Dawn said...

This is STUNNING Christina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...