May 3, 2012

CASE Study #89 & Retro Sketches #9


Hello, and happy Thursday!  It's hard to believe it's already May, but with a new month comes a new Muse at CASE Study!  This month we have the pleasure of being inspired by an incredible designer, CAS queen Agnieszka Malyszek!

Here's her striking card that we're CASEing this week:

By Agnieszka

My card is based on this week's challenge at Retro Sketches, as well, though I took a little liberty with the flower placement.


I knew I wanted to replicate the glossy look of the clear embossing on black cardstock from Agnieszka's card, so I stamped the argyle pattern with Versamark and heat embossed it.  The flowers were cut from bright scraps of cardstock and adorned with button centers.  

The white, heat-embossed sentiment is from Paper Smooches and the twine is from The Twinery.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (A Little Argyle), Paper Smooches (Sentiment Sampler)
Ink:  Versamark
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (flower dies), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  The Twinery (baker's twine), Stampendous (clear embossing powder), Filigree (white embossing powder), buttons, DMC floss

Sweet and simple, just like me.  ;)

I hope you'll check out the rest of the inspired creations by the CASE Study DT and link up your design with us!

Thanks for your visit, my friends!  Have a good one!

25 comments:

Karen B. said...

The embossed argyle really makes the card pop!

xiumaiyuki said...

So bright and happy!! Makes me smile. :)))

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the elements (clear embossing, twines and buttons) that you used for this card! Totally lovely, Christina! I love how Aga's card inspired you!

kasia c. said...

LOOOVE this Christina! That argyle embossed bit is fabulous.
And I'm sure you can be forgiven the flower placement. ;)

Erna said...

gorgeous!!

Lynn said...

Wowza! I love your take on this! Love, love the retro sketch too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the black and vibrant combo Christina. The argyle embossed banner is so cool.

Bethany said...

I love the embossed pattern and the flowers!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE those bold pops of color on your black backdrop, and the stitched buttons and bit of embossing... YUMMY!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Those cheery flowers look so striking on the dark background.

Lisa said...

LOVE your pretty embossed argyle Christina! GREAT card!!

Marisa said...

Totally love this, Christina!! Great use of the sketch and the strip of embossing is the perfect touch!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OH how those bright colors just pop against that black! Wow. Love the embossed argyle... sweet! The twine is the finishing touch. hugs.

Ally said...

Love this bright and fun card. ;-) Nice job!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christina. Love the bright colors on black... the embossing looks great!

Kimberly said...

Christina - you're so right: this card is sweet and simple, just like you! I love your take on both challenges! I just tried to visit CASE Study, but got a big malware warning. I was just there this morning! I hope nothing's happened! I emailed Chupa to see if she was aware of anything. Anyway - love your card. I'm super excited for tomorrow's birthday bash! Squeal!

The Paper Parade said...

This card is modern and fun! I love the black argyle embossed on the black and of course the PS sentiment :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossed argyle and flowers and colors!! Excellent CASE!!!

Maureen said...

love the black embossing and the fun, colourful flowers :) This was a totally fun card to CASE! I think we're going to enjoy this month!

Sharron said...

What a fabulous design! The wonderfully bright flowers really pop against the black and I love the embossing!

Brenda said...

This is so STUNNING...it's bright, and sooooo happy.

Sarah C said...

So pretty! Very graphic and love your CAS design. Beautiful!

Aleksandra said...

Lovely card! I love those flowers!Great CASE-ing and great use of the retro sketch!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Jen Carter said...

Loving the colors and boldness of this card! The embossed argyle is the perfect accent along with the twine! Very cute!

Sarah said...

Hi Christina I found your blog and actually this card through Pinterest. I wanted to try the embossing technique on the black. I want to post the card I made on my blog and have a link back to your blog as the inspiration for my card. I just wanted to make sure that was ok with you first before I posted my post.
If you'd just send me a quick e-mail shaddock104ataolcom or
http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...