April 26, 2012

CASE Study #88


Hello, hello!  Welcome back for another week of CASE Study with our April Muse, Laurie Schmidlin.  I'm sad to say that this is Laurie's last week as our official Muse, but you'll want to bookmark her blog so you can continue to be inspired by her in the future.  I, for one, have been smitten by her creations, and this week's beauty is no exception:

By Laurie Schmidlin
We also have a sponsor over at CASE Study this week--My Creative Classroom.  They're giving away a seat to a class of the winner's choice, so be sure to play along with us for a chance to win!

Now on to my card for this week.  I kept a similar layout to Laurie's card and borrowed the pink, aqua, and cream, adding some chocolate brown to my palette in place of the kraft.  The pretty rose on the original inspired me to use a rose stamp from WPlus9's Hope Seed Co, along with the seed packet die and coordinating stamps.

All of the papers are from My Mind's Eye, and I love how the pink gingham seed packet has the beautiful rose pattern on the inside.  I kept the embellishment to a minimum since this will be going in the mail to my MIL, who stayed with my kids during their spring break last week while my hubby and I worked.


Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Two: Blush)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Hope Seed Co.)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Pool Party)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (seed packet die), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Basic Grey (pearls), thread
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor Premier pencils

I have to say that I was really pleased with how this turned out, since I wanted to keep my design somewhat clean but give it a bit of the romantic feel of Laurie's card.  Then I saw the rest of the samples by the CASE Study DT and wanted to hide my head in the sand.  *giggle*  Seriously, you have to see what they've done this week--their creations are drop-dead gorgeous (even more so than usual!).

Thanks so much for visiting, friends!  I am miserably behind on visiting blogs and leaving comments, as I've been distracted most nights by the hockey playoffs.  I promise to get back on schedule soon!

Have a great Thursday!

19 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OH my goodness! These are both so pretty. This would make a lovely Mother's Day card. I just love the colors and softness of it all. TFS. Hugs.

Lisa said...

How pretty Christina, love your die cuts and stitching. And this paper collection is just the dreamiest!!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Super gorgeous! Love the coloring and the pearls, and your stitching is awesome!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Clean and simple AND pretty and romantic....you do have skills!

Marybeth said...

So pretty Christina, I love the card you came up with. Love the gingham and all the pretty papers you used.

Jeanne J said...

Christina, I think you totally captured romantic!! That was the first thing that entered my mind when I saw this beauty. That perfectly shaded rose, the elegant black frame on the seed packet, and the pretty flower patterned paper on the inside of the packet. Gorgeous Christina!!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love the combination of papers!

Marisa said...

You pulled the colours in fabulously, Christina and your clean style is always appreciated! Many don't like all the layers so hold you head up high, girl!! The CAS crowd are cheering :)

Karen B. said...

You hold your own over on that Design Team, I love your cards that you do for this challenge! This is sooooo pretty!

Bethany said...

Very pretty!

Maureen said...

just lovely! That paper is fabulous and you've placed the bling perfectly!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Christina, I LOVE what you did with that gorgeous, seed packet! Beautiful coloring, and such a serene color palette, too!

paperella said...

Wowzer! This is stunning, Christina! Your coloring and paper matching skills are both amazing :)

Stephanie said...

Seriously pretty Christina, it's visiting blogs like yours that makes me splash out on patterned paper thinking I can then create similar works of art....I haven't been successful yet lol x

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful CASE of Laurie's card. Your colouring is perfect and the stitching adds a wonderful detail!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Christina! Wow what a BEAUTIFUL card—I adore that pocket with the seed image! Congrats on your becoming a Girl Friday! Can't wait to see what you'll be creating!!!

Teneale Williams said...

Your MIL will love this card, I know I am smitten with it. You hit the mark with the colours and they are sweet and romantic. Your colouring of the rose is perfect.

Virginia L. said...

Love your CASing! Superb layering and details!

JJ Bolton said...

This is so sweet Christina! Love your mix of papers! And I'm in love with that tiny rose pattern lining the seed packet! Your colored rose is just beautiful (adding that to my WPlus9 wish list)!

Hope you have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...