April 19, 2012

CASE Study #87


Hello, CASE Study fans!  What a treat it has been to have Laurie Schmidlin as our Muse this month.  Are you ready to see what she has created to inspire us this week?

By Laurie Schmidlin

You probably won't be surprised to see that I was inspired by the woodgrain!  I also chose to use neutrals with a pop of red (though my pearls are darker in the photo than they are in person), the love theme, and the placement of the focal point on the diagonal.

I used WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes and Additions to stamp the woodgrain with white ink onto a kraft panel, then the large branch image with Early Espresso.  I stamped two smaller branches onto white cardstock and cut them out to layer on top.

I used a scrap of kraft cardstock that had been debossed with woodgrain to die cut a heart frame, then lightly sponged it with Early Espresso ink.  I placed an Espresso heart behind it and added the letters with a white gel pen.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, White), Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso), Clearsnap (Frost White), Inkssentials (white gel pen)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (heart dies, woodgrain impression plate), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (pearls)

Hopefully my hubby will like the nature-inspired elements on this card, because I don't know anyone else with these initials.  *grin*

Stop by the CASE Study challenge blog to see the rest of the Design Team samples and to link up your creation!

Thanks so much for your visit!  Have a happy Thursday!

17 comments:

Lynn said...

What an absolutely fabulous card for your hubby! I love the etched initials on the beautiful natural design!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina this is fabulous! I can almost see someone carving it in ther tree. Just gorgeous. hugs.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Christina, the woodgrain stamping is fabulous on both your background and heart.

Virginia L. said...

Wow! Your wood grain card is stunning, Christina! Love love the heart with the initials! Brilliant idea and execution! Love it!

Marybeth said...

Christina this is such a cute themed card, the wood and the wood like carving. So cute to put the initials on the heart.

Aimes said...

You're allowed to be inspired by the woodgrain when you rock it so well! I love your focal point framed by those leaves - gorgeous!
Hugs!
x

Lin said...

Christina, I LOVE your take on this challenge - it is absolutely charming!

Kara said...

such a sweet card!!

Jenny said...

I love all the wood grain texture ant the etched initials are so cool, I'm sure your hubby will appreciate that you personalised his card :0)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card! Love the textures and the colors.

Sharron said...

Fabulous use of the woodgrain for the background & the heart! Definitely reminds me of carved initials.

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! Your card is so full of memories of carving initials in a tree! Your DH is going to LOVE this! LOVE the wood grain and the leaves! FAB card!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a soothing palette! And such a cute sentiment:)

Hope you have a great weekend Christina!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card Christina! Love all the woodgrain and the inscribed heart:) I love your placement of each pearl too.

The Paper Parade said...

Oh Christina, I love this! I love the colors, the wood theming throughout, the brown leaves, and the sweet "carved" initials.

Jean Martin said...

This is soooo awesome Christina! This is one of my favorite WPlus9 stamp sets, although I don't know why I don't have the first one..only the additions...now I should have that one too! :)

Vanessa Middleton said...

I was looking for woodgrain letters and came across your card. LOVE IT!!! Noticed you're in Mass... I'm in NH! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...