April 12, 2012

CASE Study #86


Hello, CASE Study fans!  I can't believe another week has gone by, and here we are with another gorgeous inspiration card by our April Muse, Laurie Schmidlin.  

By Laurie Schmidlin

So beautiful, don't you agree?  I wanted to keep the feminine look and overall layout of Laurie's card while giving my version clean lines and a more modern feel.

For the ornate frame, I chose WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings and added one of the lovely sentiments from the set.  Like Laurie, I cut a smaller tag for the sentiment rather than stamping it directly on the die cut frame.

Want to know how I made the notched corners on the little label?  It was super simple--I just stuck each corner into my scalloped circle punch and snipped it off.

The kraft cardstock was stamped in Chocolate Chip with PTI's Background Basics:  Text Style and in Vintage Cream with the lace border from WPlus9's Mehndi Medallions.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Vintage Cream), Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Alphabet Soup Girl "Lovely")
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings, Mehndi Medallions), Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Text Style)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Label Layers 3 die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), EK Success (scallop circle punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls)

The rest of the CASE Study DT is going to "wow" you again with their fresh takes on Laurie's card!  I hope you'll be inspired and share your creation with us, too.

Thanks for visiting, friends!

18 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this...

Lynn said...

I love the text border...way to CASify the inspiration card...stunning take!

Cristina said...

Stuhhhhhning. Love the vertical text.

Debbie Carriere said...

So beautiful!! Love the background stamping!!

Laura B. said...

I love your case! Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

What a lovely frame shape and matching stamp. Great case :)

Ginny said...

Gorgeous card, and a fabulous take on the inspiration card. I know I've said it before, but your cards always make me happy. Your style is one of my absolute favorites!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

What a great CAS card and good job with the interpretation of the inspiration card. Love your tip on the notched corners! I'll have to remember that. hugs

Ally said...

I love this beautiful card, Christina. It's perfect. ;-)

Jeanne J said...

This is so pretty - I'm a sucker for all the flourishes. Your card is absolutely stunning!

WinterBerry Glen said...

This one is just gorgeous. I'm a sucker for frames and I really like the way you layered two of them together. :)

xiumaiyuki said...

Gorgeous card!! I love your color choice... the brown and coral look stunning against Kraft.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card! I love the stamping inside the frame so pretty I can see why its sold out.

Dawn said...

One of my favorite color combos Cristina. And I really love what you've done in the background, so subtle adds so much.

Karen B. said...

This is stunning! My die just arrived in the mail and I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up the corresponding stamp set! Love your colors and mix of stamps.

Maureen said...

Loving the text along the side and the fabulous font on that sentiment :) Gorgeous!

kasia c. said...

OMG!! I jumped up & down in my seat when I saw this card!! I LOOOOOOVE it!! :)

Aimes said...

Oooh I love all the stamping on this beauty! Your text and lace are sooooooo pretty!
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...