April 5, 2012

CASE Study #85 with our new April Muse!


Welcome back, friends!  Are you excited to meet a new CASE Study Muse for the month of April?  How about the incredibly talented Laurie Schmidlin?!  I'm excited to have her creations as inspiration this month, and I hope you'll join us at the CASE Study challenge blog.

By Laurie Schmidlin
Isn't Laurie's card just gorgeous?  I'm smitten with these colors, so I focused on those for my card, along with the typewriter theme.

First, I printed a "hello" sentiment on patterned paper using a typewriter key font.  I added a punched border from ledger paper and teal patterned paper on the card base.  

The black stitching across the top of Laurie's card led me to add some black and white baker's twine, and the heart-shaped clip is inspired by her embellished heart.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (White)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Fine & Dandy Boy)
Tools:  Fiskars (border punch)
Accessories:  baker's twine, heart clip

Please stop by the CASE Study blog and leave some comments for the rest of the Design Team!  They have some incredible cards to inspire you this week.

Thanks for your visit, my friends!  Have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

Cristina said...

Brilliant. That sentiment is killing me (in a good way).

Lynn said...

Gorgeous CASE of Laurie Cristina...I love the simple elements...the fun font on the hello and the sweet little heart clip. Awesome!

Aimes said...

Love your mix of patterns on this, Christina! That sentiment paired with the ledger border is perfect-o-mondo! :)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

lostinpaper said...

FABulous take on Laurie's card! Love your sentiment and those papers totally rock!

cbuswell said...

Fabulous card! Love the papers and that cute clip!!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely clean and fresh and sophisticated, a pure beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...