March 29, 2012

CASE Study #84


Hey there, friends!  The weekend is almost here, and I couldn't be more ready.  Do you have any fun plans?

I hope you'll find some crafty time during the next week for our last CASE Study challenge with March Muse Laura Bassen.  It's been so much fun having her cards as inspiration this month, don't you agree?  Here's her striking card for this week:

By Laura Bassen


Laura is a master of negative space, so I wanted my card to feature that technique.  I kept the design very simple, though I wish I had added some dry embossing to the navy cardstock.  Sadly, it's a smidge too big to fit in an embossing folder anyway, and I was not about to do the whole thing over again!

I originally intended to make a masculine card, but as I was trying out different colored buttons in the center of the star, I decided that the yellow and blue would be perfect for a baby boy.  The sentiment is from Clear & Simple Stamps Special Bundle.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (2008 Bitty Dot Basics)
Stamps:  Clear & Simple Stamps (Special Bundle)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (star dies, banner die)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (button), DMC floss

Don't forget to link up your creation at the CASE Study challenge blog, and while you're there you can leave some love for the rest of the DT!

I hope you have a fantastic Thursday!  Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow! You've really knocked it out o f the park with this one! Wow! (My favorite part is the polka dots!

Laurel said...

This is beautiful!

kasia c. said...

Oooooh! Christina this is AWESOME!! You totally rocked the negative space tehcnique. I love how the large star is off the edge of the card. :)

Laura B. said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! I love it so much, Christina!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Christina, I love the negative space stars.

Marisa said...

Fabulous case, Christina!! Love it!

L.B. said...

I love your stars...so fun.

Marybeth said...

Love the star card and how fresh and clean it looks!

Julie Hoffman said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I'm in LOVE with this gorgeous card!!!

Sharron said...

Wow, great job! Love the star with the polka dots in the center topped off with the perfect color button!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect baby card!!! Love how you use the negative of the dies...button and sentiment are perfect finishing touches!!!

Aimes said...

This is one seriously sweet and graphic card for a baby boy, Christina! I love it!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Jen W. said...

Fabulous! Can never go wrong with a big ol' star and I love the yellow button in the middle. :)

Laurie said...

This is amazing Christina! I love this idea! The polka dots in the background are the perfect touch under that yellow button!

whoistracy said...

Too cute- love the layered stars.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...