March 15, 2012

CASE Study #82


And hello to you, friends!  I just love Thursdays, don't you?  Not only are we almost to the weekend, but it's CASE Study day!  I hope you've been enjoying the inspiration from our Muse, Laura Bassen, as much as I have.  She has another colorful beauty to share with us today:

By Laura Bassen

I went with a pretty literal CASE, as you can see.  As soon as I saw Laura's row of houses, I thought of using my pocket die from WPlus9--sort of resembles those little houses flipped upside down, don't you think?

WPlus9 actually makes a pocket die that has a little heart cut-out, but I don't have that one yet, so I used the original pocket die and a small heart die from PTI to make my own.  

I filled one of the pockets on my card with some snail mail using a stamp from PTI's Vintage Picnic set.  I stamped the sentiment using Fresh Alphabet and added a border using Background Basics:  Retro.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Certainly Celery), Papertrey Ink (True Black, White, Summer Sunrise)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (A Pocketful), Papertrey Ink (Vintage Picnic, Fresh Alphabet, Background Basics:  Retro)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic marker
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (pocket die), Papertrey Ink (heart die)

In case you haven't seen it, Dawn's Design Spotlight recently featured some fantastic cards using the pocket series, too!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT samples this week and share your interpretation in the gallery!  We love to see what you're making.

Have a fantastic Thursday!

20 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so clever. I've been thinking that I should do something with my WPlus9 pocket, before I buy another from PTI. This is great inspiration.

Linda Beeson said...

SOOOO love your happy colors, cute card.

Lynn said...

I love your interpretation Christina. And...that lines in front of the sentiment are divine.

Christine Blain said...

Brilliant, Christina! I love it!

Dawn said...

So bright and fun! And perfect, as always. :) Thanks for showing Wplus9 some love Christina!

Cristina said...

Love how you combined all those sets. This card is flawless! And how, how, how did you line up your letters so perfectly? Beautiful stamping.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I think Cristina's comment is right, "flawless", love how you cut out the hearts... And the sentiment is perfect. Now if only I had any of those goodies...

Marlena M. said...

I love this Christina! Pure perfection.

Marisa said...

Love your take! Those pockets are too cute!

Ginny said...

Superb! It reminds me of "You've Got Mail"! So stinkin' cute, and the colors divine.

Jen W. said...

Fabulous CASE, Christina! Love those fun pockets and the racing stripes!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful case!!! Love those pockets, hearts, and mail!!! The PTI lines are perfect!!!

Marybeth said...

So creative and clever Christina! I love your pocket card and the inspiration card, by Laura. The heart cut out in the pocket …. smart. This is really a very sweet fun bright card. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous pockets!

Aimes said...

I love your take on Laura's card! So fun and fabulous, not to mention genius with your combination of supplies!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

So clever to "see" the pockets as upside down houses from the inspiration. I also love the lines to the left of the sentiment. Wonderful interpretation!

kasia c. said...

Christina, this is awesome!
I love those pockets with the little hearts cut out. Too cute. :)

Karen B. said...

Super use of colors and design, this card s just so happy!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute! Love those WPlus9 pockets! Nice detail with the lines across the bottom:)

Silke Ledlow said...

Super duper cute and fabbo take on the case study! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...