March 8, 2012

CASE Study #81


Hi there, friends!  What do you think of our March Muse at CASE Study, Laura Bassen?  I hope you've had a chance to check out her fabulous blog, Doublestick Heaven.  We have another one of her beautiful creations as inspiration this week:

By Laura Bassen
So chic, don't you agree?  I decided to directly CASE many of the elements on Laura's original, as you can see, including the neutral color scheme, central oval, and "stitched" linen mat.

I love the detail of the chair image Laura used, so I pulled out one of my more detailed stamp sets, Stampin' Up!'s Nature Walk.  I stamped the bird cage in black onto white cardstock, then cut it out with an oval Nestie.  

As a nod to the beautiful, wide black ribbon on Laura's card, I die cut a Labels 18 mat from black cardstock, stamped it with a coordinating label from Waltzingmouse, and heat embossed with clear powder.  I popped the mat up with foam dots on a Fine Linen panel that was debossed with the Linen & Canvas impression plate and stitched around the edge.

For the sentiment, I stamped "miss you" on a Fine Linen double ended banner, framed it with a pair of black buttons, and adhered it just below the image.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Fine Linen, True Black, White)
Stamps:  Stampin' Up! (Nature Walk), Waltzingmouse Stamps (Vintage Labels 18), Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 3 Collection)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 18, oval dies), Papertrey Ink (Double Ended Banner die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder
Accessories:  Stampendous (clear embossing powder), buttons, DMC floss, thread

I hope you'll take on the challenge this week!  Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT for even more inspiration.

Thanks so much for your visit today!  Have a great Thursday!

22 comments:

Joyce said...

This is such a wonderful card. I really like this color scheme--it's so classy.

Lynn said...

Oh love, love, love your card. The embossing on the black paper is stunning!

Karen B. said...

So classy and refined, beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Christina. I have to say that black on black embossing is truly one of my favourites. So elegant.

Dayna Sabrina said...

I love the embossing on this card. It's gorgeous! Beautiful, beautiful card Christina!

Marisa said...

Great case, Christina :) Love the way you reversed the colours and the embossing on the die is fabulous.

Jean Martin said...

WOW! Christina this is gorgeous! I love the black on black embossing you did!!! I would never have thought of it...it's fabulous! :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! I love that you retained so many of the elements from Laura's card. And that clear embossing looks incredible on black.

Jeanne J said...

Christina you nailed this! I love love love that black embossed WM stamp! You gave this such an elegant classic look - just perfect!!

Nance Leedy said...

Stunning, Christina! The color combination is so elegant and I love the black-on-black embossing. A perfect take on the inspiration...gorgeous, my friend!

Ginny said...

Um......WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Simply divine! That says it all - sigh!

Patrice said...

Great cards - love the embossing!

Nerina said...

Oh I love your take on the challenge this week Christina! Those colours are so classy and the birdcage really fits the classy feel too! The heat embossing on your label is a beautiful touch - such a great hint of interest and texture in such a subtle way!

Renee said...

Stunningly gorgeous!!
That label...
in black...
clear embossed...
I die!!
Just gorgeous!!

Marybeth said...

Christina! This is such an elegant beautiful card! I probably say the say thing every time . The embossed die is so elegant, I love this card its stunning! Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie Z said...

Wow....this is wonderful!!! Love the cage, sentiment tag with buttons, colors, and embossed label!!! Not to mention.... The perfect stitching!!! Did I miss anything, LOL!!! Loved it all!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty and elegant! Love the embossed frame. :o)

Dr. Ivy said...

So stunning. Love, love, love them.

kasia c. said...

Wow, Christina this is awesome! I love it all, the embossing, the stitching, the empty birdcage, the banner! etc. etc. etc. :)

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely adore this!!! Your bird cage card is stunning! The clear embossing is perfect!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Elegant, love the embossing on the black.

Aimes said...

Oooh that clear embossing adds so much texture and elegance to this already fabby card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...