February 23, 2012

CASE Study #79 & CR84FN48


Hey friends!  So glad you stopped by today.  I just love Thursdays, don't you?  It's almost the weekend AND I get to share a new CASE Study challenge with you!  Sadly, this is the last week for our February Muse, Karola Witczak, but hasn't she been incredibly inspiring?  

Here is Karola's beautiful creation for this week:
By Karola Witczak
I also used the colors of the current CR84FN challenge:



For my card, I chose to CASE the central framed image, the double ended banner, and the embossed border around the perimeter.  


A Wisteria Wonder card base was stamped with some branches from Verve's New Mercies using Versamark Dazzle.  A white cardstock panel was then stamped with leaves using Lucky Limeade.  A frame from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Labels 3 was added in Basic Gray around a die cut window.  

The edge of the white panel is embossed with a Framed Tulips border.  I popped the whole panel up on foam dots, then added a banner stamped with a sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings.

The butterfly was a gift from my sweet friend Jean.  I sponged it with Wisteria ink to match the card.


Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder), Papertrey Ink (White)
Stamps:  Verve (New Mercies), WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings), Waltzingmouse (Vintage Labels 3)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray), Tsukineko (Versamark Dazzle)
Tools:  Stampin' Up! (Framed Tulips embossing folder), Spellbinders (Labels 3), Papertrey Ink (Double Ended Banner die)
Accessories:  Michaels (silver pearls), butterfly

I hope you'll take the opportunity to CASE our fabulous Muse, Karola Witczak, one more time!

Thanks for your visit today!

25 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...you know this is one of my all time favorite Verve sets and the color combo is out of this world!

Nancy said...

Christina, this card is lovely. I love the simplicity of it and the colors. I really like the die cut frame and the way you chose to stamp inside it, very calming and relaxing look! Beautiful butterfly too.

Donna Lee said...

Darling! Love the colors and the framed element.

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous....those colors scream spring to me!!! I love your "window", too!

Suzanne said...

Christina, this card is so soothing and elegant. I love the diecut window and the leaves.

Marisa said...

Love those leaves and the die cut window is fabulous. Great take on the challenges :)

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful butterfly from your friend. Love the way you sponged the bf . The window and trim just beautiful, Christina!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a gorgeous card Christina! You definitely did the colours justice. :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you stamped and die cut the same image! LOVE the diecut window and the tulip edge! LOVELY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Dr. Ivy said...

So pretty. I love to stop by and get inspired by your work. Have a great weekend.

kasia c. said...

Christina, this is beautiful! Those leaves are gorgeous and I love the shadow stamping inside the frame. :)

Sharron said...

There are so many beautiful details on this card. Love the colors and those gorgeous leaves! The border, the die cut window and the lovely butterfly are all fabulous!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh Christina I love this! Love the cut out window and things under and coming out of it, and the colors are so soft and pretty, too :)

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely - I really like the stamped and diecut images, the embossed border and pretty frame. It's a lovely sympathy card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Christina! Oh my goodness where to begin...LOVE this leafy sprig and and the pretty embossing. Marvelous card ;)

whoistracy said...

This is so pretty Christina! I love the colors you used.

Shelley Germann said...

How gorgeous! Love the frame. You got the silver pearls at Mike's. I've looked before and never seen them. I guess I need to look harder or ask! I have a GC burning a hole in my pocket!

Ginny said...

Totally and utterly GORGEOUS!!!! Even though it's a sympathy card, it makes me so happy to look at! Very classic and elegant.

Jen W. said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card! I love those Verve branches and the dots around the frame are so simple but a perfect finishing touch. :)

Leni said...

Gorgeous!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Christina! That butterfly is stunning! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Mynnette said...

This is super amazing! That butterfly is beautiful--and the pop of green is amazing! GORGEOUS! :)

Andrea M said...

Wow, wow and WOW! Love this card Christina! Beautiful take on the CR84FN colors!

Nerina said...

Wow Christina! This card makes my heart flutter! *Beautiful*!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...