February 16, 2012

CASE Study #78


Hi there, friends!  I have a quick post to share the latest CASE Study challenge featuring our February Muse, Karola Witczak.  Check out this beauty:

By Karola Witczak

I've been super busy this week, so I wanted to keep my design clean and simple (surprised?).  I focused on the dimensional flowers, the flag below the sentiment, and the alphabet letters on the pattered paper.

I started with a white cardstock panel and debossed the top and bottom with PTI's Book Print impression plate, leaving a clean strip across the middle that frames a die cut Delightful Dahlia.  I used PTI's Bitty Dots patterned paper to save myself time coloring, but I curled up the edges of the leaves and smaller flower to add dimension.

I stamped a sentiment from Faux Ribbon onto a double ended banner and tucked it behind the flower, then scored a line above and below it for emphasis.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  White
Patterned paper:  2008 Bitty Dots
Stamps:  Delightful Dahlia
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Tools:  Delightful Dahlia dies, Double Ended Banner die, Book Print impression plate, corner rounder (We R Memory Keepers), scoring board (Martha Stewart Crafts)


My parents are arriving later today to spend a few days with us, so it will continue to be a little quiet around here for the next week.  In the meantime, I hope you'll visit the rest of the CASE Study gals to be inspired and consider joining us for this week's challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Marisa said...

Love it :)

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love that polka dotted paper and how it pops off the white background. The embossing and scoring are the perfect touches to the white on white. Have a fun visit with your folks!

Lynn said...

Have a wonderful time with your parents. I love your CAS take on the inspiration card. Gorgeous!

Aimes said...

I love your CAS take on this week's CASE Study! Fabulous paper-piecing and I love that your colours pack a punch against the white!
Enjoy time with your parents!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Kim S said...

I so love the bright dots on that white background!

Cristina said...

Stuuuuuuuning! Love this one so much! Have fun with your parents!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Christina, I love stamping on designer paper.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Christina. Love the embossed with background with the pretty flowes. Lovely colors. :o)

Joyce said...

This is really beautiful. I'm most inspired when I see a really busy card cased as CAS. Love your style.

Karen B. said...

So very classy! I hope you have a great time with your folks too.

Mynnette said...

Oooo...that large polka dot bloom and leaves are absolutely amazing!!! LOVE these bright colors on the white! :)

Ginny said...

Simply gorgeous! Love those score lines and how the sentiment is tucked in there. Soooo pretty.

Shelley Germann said...

OK, this has happened twice recently. Thinking along the same lines. I had planned on refreshing my memory on this technique, masking off part of the impression die. Kinda weird. Nice happy polka dot flower! I like it!

whoistracy said...

Love the background embossing- this is gorgeous!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous take on the CASE Christina! I love the way you embossed the top and bottom of the card. The scored lines add the perfect touch.
I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents. :)

Lindsay said...

Simply perfect my friend! Texture, pop of color=awesomeness!

Nerina said...

Crispy clean and lovely! Love the patterned paper for the floral - it adds so much!

Cassandra said...

My goodness girl, you are on a roll, several design teams, winner of a WMS stamp set (oh if only), AND you manage to pull off a stunning CAS card from a very vintage and busy card. Well done you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...