February 9, 2012

CASE Study #77


Happy Thursday, folks!  We're one day closer to the weekend, which is always cause to celebrate.  Another good reason?  It's time for a new CASE Study challenge!  Check out this week's inspiration by February Muse Karola Witczak:

By Karola Witczak

Isn't it gorgeous?!  For my take on the design, I pulled the colors red, teal, and chartreuse, the botanicals, and the tall shape of the card.

I combined three stamp sets from WPlus9--A Pocketful, the florals from Hope Seed Co., and the butterflies from Flora & Fauna I.  I wanted to incorporate a repeated shape like Karola did with the circles on the top half of her card, so I stamped a large pocket at the top and die cut a second pocket to place at the bottom.

I stamped, colored, and cut out the flowers and butterflies before adhering them with foam tape.  The edges of the white cardstock panel are stitched to resemble the stitching on the pockets, and I added a strip of SU's Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon as a nod to Karola's lime colored rolled flower.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo), Papertrey Ink (White)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (2008 Bitty Dot Basics)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (A Pocketful, Hope Seed Co., Flora & Fauna I)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo), Inkadinkadoo (Black), Copic markers
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (pocket die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ruffled ribbon), thread

Hop over to the CASE Study blog to see the rest of the DT's takes on Karola's beautiful card this week! I hope you'll play along, too.

Thanks for your visit!  Have a great day!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning Christina!

Jen W. said...

So bright and cheerful! And I love the uncoloured pocket image at the top of the card. :)

Karen B. said...

Wow Christina, what a beautiful work of art this is. I adore the bold colors!

Cristina said...

Wplus9 MANIA! I love it! And, I saw your photo on Nichole Heady's blog this morning. So cute!

Lindsay said...

This card is gorgeous Christina! LOVE those bold flowers!

Heather Jensen said...

Love this Christina. I love those pocket stamps from Wplus9. I need to place an order from them. :)
Hugs~

Jean Martin said...

WOW! Christina this is fabulous!!! I saw you on the PTI website! :) It was a picture of the Stamp-a-Faire. So jealous you were there! lol! I wish I was too! :)

Renee said...

Love the bright, bold colors in this!!
And those pockets...
I die over those pockets!
The coloring...
everything is just stunning!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Christina this is so cute! LOVE the bright colors ... wish spring was HERE! Hugs

Ginny said...

A huge W-O-W!! Gorgeous. I can't believe you cut out all those flowers, but it makes for a stunning card.

Virginia L. said...

What a work or art, Christina!! Love love the elements! Your fussy cutting is amazing-I thought you used a die cut set! WOW!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Christina. The pocket looks great with the pretty flowers. What a neat idea. Awesome colors too.

Sharron said...

Fabulous idea to use the two pockets! Your flowers are so gorgeous and I love the added stitching--awesome card!

Andrea M said...

So vibrant and BEAUTIFUL! You are working magic with the pockets :)

kasia c. said...

Fabulous CASE! I love all of the amazing details and elements to this card. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...