January 26, 2012

CASE Study #75 & Runway Inspired Challenge #4


Good morning!  Are you ready for a new CASE Study challenge from our January Muse, Jen Rzasa?  Sadly, this is Jen's last week serving as Muse, but I doubt that it will be the last time that I CASE one of her fabulous designs!

For double the fun this week, I'm also entering my card into the Runway Inspired Challenge, which just so happens to be the brain child of Jen Rzasa herself!  The inspiration this week is a rainbow striped dress.
By Jen Rzasa


 I knew I wanted to replicate the colorful stripes at the bottom of Jen's card, so I stamped a rainbow using PTI's Faux Ribbon.  I've been particularly fond of negative space lately, so I used PTI's Fillable Frames #11 die to cut a notch in the panel, then stamped a sentiment and butterfly from Happy Trails in the space.

Another element of Jen's card that I really like is the contrast between the colorful floss and the black sentiment, so I chose black for my sentiment and butterfly to really make them stand out.


All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  White
Stamps:  Faux Ribbon, Happy Trails
Ink:  Black (Inkadinkadoo), Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point (Stampin' Up!)
Tools:  Fillable Frames #11 die, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

The rest of the CASE Study DT blew me away this week with their amazing creations, so be sure to hop over to the challenge blog to check them out.

Thanks for visiting today, friends!  Have a good one!

31 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! I'm thinking I need that faux ribbon set!!

Cristina said...

Having heart palpitations over here. Yes, yes, yes to everything about this card!!!!!

Laura B. said...

So creative, so CAS, and so perfect!!

Marisa said...

GREAT case, Christina!!

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card for both challenges. I especially like how you used the negative space from your die cut for the sentiment.

Jean Martin said...

You are soooo good at CAS cards Christina! I love how flexible you are with different styles! I'm jealous! heehee! :)

LeAnne said...

This is just so stinkin COOL!

Lindsay said...

Now this is totally amazing Christina! Everything about it is well, amazing!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful colorful card, wow!

Sue McRae said...

Fabulous design with the cutout for the sentiment!

whoistracy said...

VERY cool!! Just love this.

Tammy said...

Love the off-centered negative cut-out! I've been seeing that quite a bit lately--must try it. You've made it look fab!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

WOW! I pinned this card the second I saw it. I love that you stamped the stripes across the bottom instead of using embroidery floss, and I am just swooning over that cutout! Your CASE is definitely an improvement of my original card :)

Also, thanks for linking up to the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Great card! Love your interpretation of the CASE card.

Michelle said...

Christina, I have been thinking about how to combine these two challenges, and I really shouldn't have looked at your card first, LOL! This is PERFECT. So beautiful! :-)

Karen B. said...

Oh my word, this is my new favorite!

Jen W. said...

Brilliant CASE, Christina! Love those perfect stripes and you're rockin' the Happy Trails this week!

Noelle said...

This is so pretty, Christina! I LOOOOVE the rainbow stripes, even better than the twine on the inspiration & the negative frame popped up is AWESOME! :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Love the butterfly, so cool!

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, Christina, that is one cool card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your designs are just stunning Christina! I love the way the butterfly and sentiment fit so perfectly in the negative space and I love the black versus bright colours thing going on.

paperella said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used the frame die!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love those rainbow stripes...
and the black and white butterfly...
it's all so perfect!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful CASE!!! Love the cutout with sentiment and butterfly!!!

Ginny said...

WOW! I thought those were card stock strips! Such perfect stamping with that faux ribbon stamp. Beautiful card.

Jeanne said...

I just commented on your last card but, this is the card I came to look at... and it was worth the wait. It is so pretty. I am not a butterfly gal but this is irresistable. The butterfly fits perfect in the frame of the rainbow of colors. Way to go!

Queenie Jeannie said...

This looks GREAT!!!! Love it!

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous card Christina! I love how you cut out the frame! I just love the design!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Suzanne Russell said...

This is just one more example of your incredible talent for creating beauty with just a few simple lines and colors. thanks for always being an inspiration to me!

Jeanne said...

Congrats Christina. I knew it was a winner!

Shelley Germann said...

Amazing card! The die cut off the edge is GENIUS! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...