January 19, 2012

CASE Study #74


Hello CASE Study fans!  Did you think I had forgotten you?  I'm a little late in getting this posted, as I had to make a trip to the doctor's with my little guy this morning.  He has a strange rash all over his body, and the doctor thinks it's a virus, possibly even a case of mumps or measles, even though he has been vaccinated!  Not the greatest start to the day, but at least he is resting comfortably now.

Okay, on to this week's fantastic bit of inspiration from Jen Rzasa!  Don't you just love the spring-like colors and mod shapes on her card?

By Jen Rzasa

I went straight for my patterned paper stash, which rarely sees the light of day!  I picked up a 6 X 6 pad of My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy last fall, and it seemed just right for this card.  Jen's card had me thinking of quilt squares, so I stitched my blocks to a piece of white cardstock, then matted the panel with a square of Island Indigo.

The bird and cloud are cut from the same paper stack--I wound up cutting off the left side of the cloud because there were some flowers on it that were distracting.  I stamped a teeny "hello" sentiment from PTI's Tiny Tags II in Chocolate Chip ink.

The white card base is debossed with the Linen & Canvas plate, and I rounded the bottom corners as a nod to the rounded corners on Jen's squares.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Island Indigo), Papertrey Ink (White)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Fine and Dandy Girl)
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink (Tiny Tags II)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder
Accessories:  thread

I hope you'll find time to play along this week and visit the CASE Study blog to see what the rest of the DT cooked up!

Thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Marybeth said...

Have you heard of Fifths disease , seem to be going around at all the schools right now in CA. Rosey cheeks is one sign.
The child usualy feels fine though. Im sure your Dr.ruled it out though. Hope he feels better soon. Love your CAS card,although sewing never works for me on paper. Beautiful printed papers too !

Lindsay said...

This is sooo cute Christina! I love those patterned paper squares!

LeAnne said...

Sweet--I love everything about it!

Marisa said...

Cute papers and bird :) Hope your little guy is okay and it is just a rash....never fun to have a sick child. (((hugs)))

Jean Martin said...

Super sweet Christina! We DID think of the same thing! lol! :) It's so great to be in the same design team with you again!!!

Renee said...

Hope your little one is soon better...
yucky rash!
We had one start Summer vacation with slap cheek measles...
no fun in the Summer!
Sunlight makes it worse...
but very mild to deal with otherwise!
Your card is gorgeous...
love those bright beautiful colors...
and the "quilting" is perfect!

Jen W. said...

Love the sweet quilted look of this card - whoo hoo to using patterned paper!

L.B. said...

This card is so sweet and pretty. Love the quilt look

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card Christina. Love the look of the quilt. Hope your little guy is back in tip top shape soon.

cbuswell said...

Love your patchwork creation! gorgeous!

The Paper Parade said...

Christina, this is so pretty and springy! I hope whatever it is your son is better quickly :(

Vickie Z said...

Love the patchwork look and papers make me smile....ready for spring at my house!! Hope the little one is feeling better soon!!!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful use of beautiful papers, gorgeous card! Wishing your little man a speedy recovery xxx

Ally said...

Beautiful card. ;-) I love the Spring-like papers in so many fun patterns, stitched together, especially with that adorable little 'hello' bird. Making me eager for Spring! ;-)

Andrea M said...

Totally ADORE this! What an amazing card!
Hope you little guy feels better soon...

Susan Block said...

Adorable card, I think I have this paper somewhere. So totally cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...