July 31, 2011

CASE Study #50


Hi there!  Thanks for visiting today!  It's been a long time since I've played along with the challenge at CASE Study, and this month has been an extra special treat because the Muse is Dawn Woleslagle of WPlus9 Design Studio, one of my favorite stamp companies.

Here is Dawn's inspiration card for this week's challenge.  I just love this design with the vertically oriented sentiment and wonderful use of white space.


I used the same design on my card, choosing some delicate flowers from WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions.  I stamped the flowers with Certainly Celery onto a Rustic Cream cardstock panel, then again onto scrap cardstock with Early Espresso ink.  I cut out those flowers and popped them up with foam dots, just like Dawn did for the roses in the original.  I also added some soft shading with Certainly Celery ink.

The sentiment is from WPlus9's Guiding Light.  Sadly, I was in need of a sympathy card for our best friends who just lost their sweet kitty.  He had been a part of their family for many years.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso, Certainly Celery), Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouette Additions, Guiding Light)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso, Certainly Celery)
Tools:  EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls), thread

I'm so glad you stopped by today, friend!  I'll be back on the road tomorrow, headed home from Indiana.  It has been a wonderful, relaxing two weeks at my parents' house, but I'm ready to get back home and sleep in my own bed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

21 comments:

Cristina said...

I'm going to have to make some sort of auto-function on my computer that types in: "I love it!" every time you post a new card. Because I seriously LOVE everything you do. This is gorgeous.

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Christina! I love those colors and the perfectly placed pearls!

Corinna said...

This is a beautiful, delicate card. Love the close up so you can really see the popped up flowers and pearls.

Lynn said...

I with Cristina on your cards...gorgeous! And i Love it too. I keep wondering though how you decided what to bring to your parents! I think I would have packed my entire craft room!

Karen B. said...

I'm with Cristina. This is beautiful! I love the technique you've used with the flowers. I love your colors. Sheesh, there's nothing NOT to love!

Andrea M said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! What a fabulous CASE girlie!

Karen said...

Christina this is really really BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it!

Karen
x

Nance said...

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said---it is UBER-gorgeous. And I'm with Cristina about your cards....a simple "You ROCK" will do every time... Safe travels, my friend!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous Christina! The colours are soft and subtle. I love those popped up flowers.
Have a safe trip home!
:)

Aimes said...

What a beautiful card! I love the perfect placement of those pearls - balances the card perfectly!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Amy said...

I love the CASE card and yours is a beautiful version of it! Love the green color thrown in there....different but amazing!

Debby said...

Christina, the execution of this card is perfection - I love everything about it! So sorry to hear of your friends kitty. Hope you had a good journey home. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Christina. Love the pretty flowers you used and the subtle colors. The stitching and the way you stamped the greeting are perfect.

Patrice said...

The pearls add the perfect touch!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YAY Christina! I'm so glad to see you back in the CASE Study :) I missed your amazing contribution... this is gorgeous!!

Sue Kohler said...

Another awesome creation Christina, you 'do' CAS brilliantly!
Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Stunning! This is amazing, Christina! Hugs xxaxx

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVE the soft, muted tones you used here, Christina! And the flowers look stunning popped up like that! The stitching is the perfect finishing touch!

Jen Carter said...

I adore this card. It is elegant and gorgeous! I love the flowers popped up and the layout of the card!

The Paper Parade said...

That's so hard that they lost their cat :( But this card will mean so much to them, it is perfect for a sympathy card.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful take on Dawn's design! Plus, it's such a stunning use of that stamp set! I was bummed about missing this week but just couldn't take on one more thing during the release :(.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...